Don't cooperate with their SHUNNING you!

by bluesapphire 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberated
    Liberated

THIS has been so encouraging!!!!

Bravo!!

I did that to two jw's who came into the office where I work.
    I greeted them with a smile and "Hello!" They were caught off-
    guard and wouldn't be rude to me in front of my boss, but it
    was obvious they were irritated.

Can hardly wait for the next family gathering!!

Libby

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Blue S.,

You have learned a powerful truth:

"Love Jehovah's Witnesses. It drives 'em crazy."

LOL...

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."

M. Scott Peck (The Road Less Traveled)

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe this is what it meant by "heaping fiery coals on their heads" ?

Well done bluesapphire. I wish I could deal with my family that calmly. The ones I care about I get emiotional with and the ones I don't... well, sod-em.

• mommy
    mommy

This is a great story! A few years ago, my active Jw sis went so far as to shun my kids. Of course they don't know all the rules so they kept talking to her, and wanting to play. It was hysterical watching her try to weasel away from a 3 year old. Actually I laughed about it so I wouldn't cry...it is really sad what they will do.

wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• Xena
    Xena

That was fantastic blue!! lol don't you love to show their true colors in front of a group of people?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Good for you! I totally agree with you on this 100% I think that story was great!

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• joelbear
    joelbear

Blue,

This may be one of the 10 most important posts ever made on this board.

We must castrate the power of shunning. It is THE single most destructive thing about the witnesses. We need to take its power away.

We do this by ignoring it. By not giving in to the power of shunning we cripple it and we make witnesses face up to exactly how heinous a practice it is.

It does take courage, but as you have shown, that courage pays off. You are an inspiration to me. I think I will call every Jehovah's Witness friend I had over the next few weeks just to tell them I still love them and care about them.

Take care

Joel

• mindfield
    mindfield

Your story was both hilarious, but also powerful. Keep it up!!!

Hey joelbear: Castrate? LOL. Sorry. I'll shut up now.

• Dino
    Dino

Hi Bluesapphire! Well done my dear. You took away one of their most controlling weapons. You are truly courageous.You also were smart enough to do this where the JW's would have to act civil in front of the others. I have often wondered what would happen if a DF'd person were to wear a hidden camera for the benefit of a Dateline or other news program to a public meeting. TOTAL shunning is unscriptural. Thank you for sharing. Dino

• mommy
    mommy

I agree with Joel
    The only reason my family even talks to me now, is that I pushed the shunning issue with them. I demanded they answer for their actions. I am not DF or DA, and I never have been, I just walked away. I say push yourself on them, rejections stinks, so be prepared. It was a long road, it took years to get a stepford version of my mom. But at least we talk and she allows me in her home now
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit