Don't cooperate with their SHUNNING you!

by bluesapphire 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

My dub sister planned this little event to see the Lion King. She invited my two other sisters and their families and purposely left me out. When my family asked about me, she just shrugged her shoulders -- the little hypocrite couldn't "stumble" them by telling them she was shunning her own sister. Well, she also included about 12 of her dub friends and invited my "worldly" family out to dinner afterwards with them -- no doubt so they could "count their time."

Long story short, my sister's baby got sick and so her husband gave me his ticket at the LAST minute. Nobody was expecting me. When I walked into the place you should have seen my sister's face. IT'S THE DEMONS!!! She was faced with a DILEMA: Should she uphold Jehovah's sovreignty by shunning her own sister, the hater of Jehovah, at the risk of stumbling her family? Or should she be polite so they wont know about the shunning before they are "mature" enough to handle it?

Well, she chose to shun me big time. But I DID NOT COOPERATE! I went up to her and smiled really big and my whole family was watching. She looked away so I said, "Hi XXXX." So she said hi under her breath and looked down. She had the most ticked off face ever. I went up to her and kissed her cheek - TWICE! Once when I saw her and once when I was leaving.

Well, that's not all. None of the dubs shunned me either. I went up to each and every one of them and hugged them and smiled really big and talked to them. They didn't know what to do. Even her elder friend who tried to look away had to deal with me going up to him and giving him a big hug. AND MY WHOLE FAMILY WAS WATCHING their behavior. They were wierd! After a while, they talked to me like nothing. They all saw each other talking to me so figured "What the heck!" They didn't know what hit them. (some of them might not have known about me but I know the ones who did. I could tell by how they acted.)

Afterwards my family mentioned how disgusted they were with my sister's behavior when she saw me. In fact, my mom said she's going to tell her, "If I was very interested and about to get baptized, after seeing how you acted, I would have walked away."

My point: Don't cooperate when they try to shun you. I send my sister e-mails. I call her and leave her messages saying, "Just calling to say hi." I NEVER mention her shunning me or even act as if something is wrong. When I first left, I told her, "I don't believe in Watchtower rules and I WILL NOT ABIDE BY WATCHTOWER RULES!"

And you know what! It feels good. Instead of coming home and crying, I came home happy. My family saw me as being the better person. No one in my family will ever join the JW's and my sister did it all on her own. Who knows, maybe she'll ask herself why she's such a hypocrite. After all, if shunning was Jehovah's way, then why would it "stumble" anyone. Maybe not. But ya never know....

• TR
    TR

Hi Blue,

Good idea, I think I'll email my brother.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Whey to go Blue!!
    You fiesty little thing you.
    You have inspired me to try this with my family.

I really liked this part,

"I don't believe in Watchtower rules and I WILL NOT ABIDE BY WATCHTOWER RULES!"

Ranchette

• patio34
    patio34

Blue,
    What a wonderful way to handle such an uncomfortable situation! You come out smelling like a rose and with your pride intact. It puts the blame and embarrassment where it belongs: on the perpetrator!

Pat

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

BlueSaphire,

You are an inspiration! Keep it up and keep us informed on how things go.

Hugs
    Dark Knight

• Mazza
    Mazza

I've been disfed for 20 yrs - I could write a book on how my family (3 siblings) have behaved in that time. Unreal. Loved reading your little story - excellent job!! These days I can't seem to stop myself having a superior grin on my face whenever I run into jws I used to know. I think it's coz I feel so sorry for them having wasted their lives. No time to write more now, but will watch for your updates in future.

Marilyn

• outnfree
    outnfree

Clapping hands together in thunderous applause!

GOOD FOR YOU, bluesapphire!!!

Let us know if there are future encore performances, won't you?

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello Bluesapphire,

Talk about a Kodak moment! If ONLY you could have videotaped that scene of WARM CHRISTIAN LOVE, watchtower style, you could be rich selling it to the mass media for their cult awareness pieces.

But seriously, you did very good. You did NOT give in to the borg masters control mechanism. You showed them you do not pratice "spiritual abuse". I think this is evidence showing what a cult tool shunning can be. The other witnesses BACKED DOWN in lue of watchtower rules when you refused to give in and play the game. They were many, and you were ONE. Excellent odds!

This also showed that the conviction of who you are was a hundred times more powerful than the flimsy control mechanism of shunning instilled in them.

CornerStone

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Excellent!! That is exactly how I feel Blue Sapphire. I left because I no longer wanted to carry the name, why should I live by their tenents. (sp?)
    If when I see someone I knew and I feel like saying hello, I do. If it was someone I really didn't have any use for while in I don't. My choice. Act like a normal human being, that is my motto. Why should we allow them to continue to control us by obeying their rules?
    TW

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think that was great . The whole shunning thing is difficult and uncomfortable for them and when in the company of others, they realize what an ass they make of themselves when they do it.

By being friendly and nice you can often times wear them down. And many Witnesses think for themselves a little these days and this is one of those rules they often break for a friend.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit