AGREE TO DISAGREE.................

by nomoreguilt 11 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

Seems only too easy to blame "Trevorgate" for all the doubts, suspicions, insults, and name calling that happen on this forum.

If it is indeed the case, well, it does not take much to upset the balance.

This forum is just what it is...a forum. It brought, and still brings a lot of good to many. But it still remains only a forum. Unfortunately, many choose the cover of anonymity to be rude and insulting. I suppose it brings them a feeling of power they cannot achieve in real life.

Trevor moved right along with his life.

No matter what happens here, we should all do the same once we turn off the computer.

And the earth will keep rotating:-)

• Caedes
    Caedes

I think it is up to individuals to walk away from a thread if they don't like what is being said, if someone is talking nonsense then they should expect to get called on it.

What some may call being mildly sarcastic others might call blasphemous, heretical hate-speech. Who chooses?

If I insult someone who is claiming that there was a literal biblical flood 4000 years ago is that the same as saying I disagree with their right to free speech? No, they also have the right to claim the moon is made of green cheese. I would defend their right to make that claim but they would still be an idiot.

Whilst I wouldn't like to see youtube style comments on every thread I have yet to see a thread that has descended to that level, I imagine the mods would pull the plug if a thread got to that stage. The mods here seem to have a common sense idea of when a thread is getting out of hand.

Ned Flanders style self censorship would only make the forum a less interesting place to be, in my opinion. Personally, I love reading some of our more scathing posters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit