AGREE TO DISAGREE.................

by nomoreguilt 11 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ya know something, I hate cliches. But, I believe that I may, and will have to use one now. DAMAGED GOODS......Think about it, aren't we all just that? For the most part, each of us here has some connection to the wts. Many former active jws, others activley against jw's for what they are, and many that are still active but dissident. We have all been damaged by our exposure to and involvement with them, right??? So, answer me this... Why is there so much PISSING going on here?

I didn't come looking for the board, I just stumbled onto it while doing some google searches. Do you know what I found? I found a LOUD RING of TRUTH in here. Why didn't I find it before. I tell you, I fell in love with this place the moment I read the first post I came to. I was inspired and logged on as a member IMMEDIATELY!

However, now I find that there are SOME that just can't be kind to anyone, while others have selectively chosen to pick on certain other members. Sure, we have our own opinions, and I respect YOUR right to express it. But don't criticize another's opinion because he doesn't carry yours to the cross! Can't we all just................ another cliche here..................AGREE TO DISAGREE !!!

NMG

• changeling
    changeling

I agree with you completely! To agree to disagree is the way of reasonable, civilized people.

changeling

• Gopher
    Gopher

About a month ago, I slowed down in my posting because of this issue. It was discouraging to see insults flying around, and even some established posters like me got some darts aimed our way.

I think the "Trevorgate" episode caused some psychic damage to the board. People are becoming too suspicious and shooting down some newbies who come here.

That being said, people do need to know that there will always be some of that kind of nonsense here. People are what they are.

Just steer away from the threads where insults and pissing matches occur. That's what I had to do. The sooner people steer away from those kind of threads, the sooner they die.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Wow, this is sad to read. However, whatever the forum/board and topic, it does happen, it's part of human nature.

Can anyone explain what the basic disagreements are about? Maybe that would help deal with the conflict. Is it a certain ideology or just certain personalities?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

We're all gonna be dead soon.

That's very liberating.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Think about it this way.............We are all just a speck of DUST! I'm forgetting who I was quoting here, but it still applies.

NMG

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Gopher:

I think the "Trevorgate" episode caused some psychic damage to the board. People are becoming too suspicious and shooting down some newbies who come here

I absolutely agree with you on this. .

Unfortunately, there are some accusations flying around the board right now that might be reflective of T-gate...I hope they are not true, but there seems to be some evidence that it is true...and ..it will just mean even more suspicion of the truly good people around here...

That being said, people do need to know that there will always be some of that kind of nonsense here. People are what they are

Any group of 2 or 3 or more will always have "group dynamics" affecting it.... this place is no exception. You have been around posting on the board longer than I (I was lurking much of the time), so you have seen more of the changes here than I. I have been told it goes in waves.

Mostly, with some exceptions, I go by what Voltaire said:... "I dont agree with a thing you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."

It would be better if people would just be more agreeable if they must disagree..... just my opinion....

Snakes ()

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya
    Can anyone explain what the basic disagreements are about?

To tell or not to -- that is the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6SN1FDmEY8

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It's funny that one would expect religion to be a hot button, but it's really a common thread. I think the issue is politics. It's a sensitive issue with war, election , and now a faltering economy that is heading around the world. Some here remind me of Elizabeth Hasselbeck v Rosie.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

We're all gonna be dead soon.

That's very liberating.

I go through various emotions when it comes to the above. I'm fine with dying, whatever happens thereafter either I will or wont know.

but then I get panicky - what will I leave behind, who will remember me.

I just don't want to be alone when I die, unless it's in my sleep.

As for the topic - I don't know why people have to be so forceful - I mean we are all different, natuarally we have different opinions, it's fine to exprss them, but if you disagree, be respectful about it.

I think mankind is getting less tolerant, less kind, less loving. It's all about me me me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit