To Hire a JW Could Mean ...

by compound complex 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Confidential information could be given to the elders if the JW employee felt an obligation to report.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, my friends, for your great replies.

CoCo

• moshe
    moshe

I hired a cleaning service to clean my home many years ago- they used a lot of JW sisters, I found out. When the two sisters got to my living room and saw my aposate stuff, CoC and Witnesses of Jehovah video they quit cleaning and LEFT! Imagine that. They never did ask for any money. I did get my bedrooms and bathroom cleaned. I had to find a new cleaning lady.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have known many sisters to work in doctors offices. I have even seen NWT and the mags around. i started to throw one out but they had the window open. if you give info to the doc that is within their earshot of written down, they will report you. That is so illegal but done by jws all the time.

I'd never hire a jws or work for one.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I agree with everything here and the JW people I know that are hard working, leave the JW stuff at home and do what needs to be done in order to survive. Oh and by the way, they are the more educated ones, who actually went to college and educated themselves regardless.

• megawatt
    megawatt

I do believe for the most part, most working class JW's are good people basd on the teachings. But at the same time, I've worked side by side with non-jw's with the very same if not higher work ethics.

But from my personal experience, I have stumbled from time to time the "special treatment" expect from fellow JW's just becuase were brothers/sisters whether being the employee or employer. There's been cases were if a JW Employer wasn't satisfied with your spiritual work load even though has nothing to do with your real job, he/she would hold it against you and possibly jeopardized your employment. I've had this conversation with close friends in the ORG about this, and openly admit that certain things are expected if working for,with or having fellow JW's as employees. I made the decision years ago where I wouldn't even go into business with a fellow jw seeing what happened to my family and friends in the past.

The big issue I had is rendering services on military installations or religious orgs other than the WTS. Before finding about the NGO scandal, my mind wasn't 100% certain if I should troubleshoot eletrical wiring on a coast guard cutters while in port or working on site at locations directly related to the military in some way. Even though I wasn't building bombs or participating directly, it was instilled by elders, members and from the platform itself to avoid those situations as not to compromise one's own conscious.

Well hey, if the society has openly admitted to having brothers and sisters that are EMPLOYED by the UN and fine with this NOW, why should I care about working on life safety and emergency systems at these sites, whether it's government contractors/affiliated companys or religious orgs not associated with the WTS?

It's douschebaggery, I tell ya. Douschebaggery...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    you see a lot of problems because each feels they should be given special treatment by the other
  • Roddy
    Roddy

Hiring a JW also means you've hired a spy who will feel it is his or her divine duty to rat you out for anything. And if he or she is super-theocratic, you might has well turn in your disassociation notice right now and save yourself a lot of time going back and forth in judicial committees. LOL!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Wow what a horribly biased website and what broad strokes most of you paint with. The same could be said of Blacks, Asians, eastern Europeans, Mormons, Baptists or anyone who has a mind to take advantage of the system. What of the thousands upon thousands of Witnesses that are exceptional employees? Sometimes you guys just add fuel to the "apostate" stereotypes.

**edited to add- I am almost 100% sure these "multiple doctor instances" stem from COC where Franz tells a story about a women who turned over some info to the local elders and was quickly fired. I would like to see proof of this epidemic in America.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

thousands upon thousands of witnesses that are exceptional employees? Oh now that's a broad stroke if I ever heard one. I've hired probably over 50 JW employees over the years and with few exceptions, I regretted hiring each one. And why so? well how about.... Lying on time cards. Not showing up in the morning and expecting that the excuse of pioneering holds water. presenting fake paperwork and then me finding out I hired an illegal alien. Taking me to the labor board for religious discrimination, (I was a witness at the time). Alienating non-JW employees. Stealing parts. Proselytizing during work hours despite the Non-JW's complaining and my warnings to not doing so. and I'm just getting warmed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit