I propose a telephone campaign.

by DT 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

This discussion started on this thread. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/150868/1.ashx

It's hard to organise activity among ex-witnesses or any group that is primarily defined by what it isn't. That's OK. I would hate to give up our diversity of thought. It sure beats the forced unity of Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course, any of us can call the Watchtower headquarters at any time on any subject. I merely suggest a plan that could make our actions a little more forceful. I suggest that we call the headquarters on the first day of each month or as soon as is convenient afterwards. If you want your comments to be part of a theme, I suggest the topic of the U.N. scandal for February. Some have already expressed interest in doing this. I think it could help some of the workers there to become better informed about the controversies surrounding the Watchtower Society.

What do you think? I will try to make some reminders for a while and then see how it goes. If there is enough interest, I think this campaign could really gain momentum.

Could someone provide us with the best number or numbers to call?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I think they thrive on controversy. Might be a better idea to completely avoid them. Confrontation seems to increase the rhetoric. Complete ignorance of them will alienate them. Just like when I told my JW asociate our discussion was finished. He was definitely unhappy. I on the other hand am quite content to be at peace with my beliefs.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I would like to share in irritating them.

Count me in.

The UN deal would be great, I'm an expert on my feelings about that.

February 1, is a Friday. I will call on Friday and Monday. Shooting for the morning.

Brant

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Why are we still beating on the UN scandal, isn't that old news by now? Why not just talk about recent things, like the big money payout, or anything else besides a topic that is a more than a few years old and which they have already withdrawn their membership.

• uninformed
    uninformed

R6Laser,

(Is that a ref to a Yamaha?)

Hey, you tell me what to talk about and I will. I just kind of know all about their teachings on the UN for the past 50 years and then their hypocrisy. You say that its old news, but most JW's still have never heard it.

Probably should call the KH's at field service meeting time.

Hell, I don't know.

I seriously doubt if more than a dozen people on this board could be convinced to make calls anyway. Trouble is, the majority is probably right.

Brant

• DT
    DT
    Why are we still beating on the UN scandal, isn't that old news by now?

I'm willing to consider other ideas. I suggested the UN scandal because I thought it might be good for practice and we don't have a lot of time to prepare before next month. It's not that hard to talk about. They did it and they shouldn't have. Although, there is also a long history of Watchtower teachings that can be referenced. If enough people like this idea of calling the headquarters at the same time, it would be nice to move on to more current and difficult topics like pedophilia, blood or shunning.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Yes, R6 is referring to the Yamaha. To me it just seems that the UN scandal is not as big as the recent news about the pedophilia scandal. But I agree it can be used to show how the WTS is full of hypocrisy, and how they got out of it when as it was discovered.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Want to piss them off continuously? Phone them collect and when the computer asks for your name, say loudly "SATAN" . You can hear the frustration without saying a word 'cause it's all animated.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I propose a bowel movement

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit