Why won't South Park parody the Witnesses

by joelbear69 35 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

is it because Jehovah is protecting his people from this?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

South Park is 18 minutes long, do you think they could lambast EVERYTHING that is wrong with the witnesses in that amount of time? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it, but I'm sure you see as well everything that involves talking about anything witness related you have to explain for a long time just to make a small point. I think if they did, the best things to lambast would be the 2 witness rule for molestation (return of the Nambla folks), 144,000 as an actual number when everything else surrounding it is symbollic, disfellowshipping being a loving practice, and then having anything written against the orginization being apostate could be really funny.

Anyone here want to write some rough drafts of dialogue involving those subjects?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There have been a few JW references in South Park.

• dinah
    dinah

Trey and Matt would get sued.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Mulder made fun of JW's on the X-Files. I think they could do it in 18 minutes. Kind of like the Exorcist "bunnies."

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/exorcist_bunnies.html

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The mormon episode was one of my favorites. "dum dum dumb"

• Satanus
    Satanus

One of the writers, trey parker, said that their main goal is to make people laugh. Not sure if jw topics would accomplish that, as most people don't understand jws. Just a thought.

S

• blondie
    blondie

"God invented Scientologists so that Jehovah's Witnesses would have someone to laugh at" - Book of Truth (South Park?)

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Blondie...Thank you for that chuckle !

• faundy
    faundy

There is a reference when everyone is in hell and a guy goes "I was a faithful JW and I'm in hell- why?" or something like that, and Satan checks his clipboard and says "It was the Mormons who had it right" and everyone goes "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit