2 Witness Rule Only Applies When It's Convenient!!!

by bluesapphire 16 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

So typical... their hypocrisy.

Six years ago I had a conversation with my sister who asked me what I had decided about my religion. At that time I was going to the Catholic Church and I had baptized my daughters. My exact words to her were, "Well, being that if it weren't for the Catholic Church there would be no "bible" I have allowed the girls to get baptized Catholic and that's the way I'm leaning." She asked me about my husband and I said, "I don't think I should answer for him."

He was also attending Mass with us. We were all going as a family.

Well, people started shunning us. She stopped talking to me. She didn't invite me to her wedding. The invitation arrived in the name of my daughters only (how rude)!

I just heard that people all over Southern California are saying we are Catholic (my husband never did convert and I stopped attending Mass years ago!).

All of this based on a rumor spread by my sister based on a single sentence over the phone six years ago. No judicial meeting, no questions asked, no second witness, NOTHING!!!

Too bad they aren't so ON THE BALL when it comes to CHILD MOLESTERS in their midst!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ABSOLUTELY -total hypocrisy

• Gopher
    Gopher

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I love that line, gopher.

It is so true. Thankfully the real truth will ultimately win out over the lies.

I have faith in the human race.

The Oracle

• fokyc
    fokyc

"Never let a lie get in the way of a good story!"

Quote from British newspaper photographer.

fokyc

• 5go
    5go

Yep I have seen plenty of times they only needed one witness to convict DF.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bluesapphire,

All of this based on a rumor spread by my sister based on a single sentence over the phone six years ago. No judicial meeting, no questions asked, no second witness, NOTHING!!!

Too bad they aren't so ON THE BALL when it comes to CHILD MOLESTERS in their midst!

It seems that they're more concerned about "non-repentant" backsliders and possible apostates. Child molestors can appear repentant and supportive of their shaky religion, and hence as supporters are embraced by the general JW population and its leadership.

• Honesty
    Honesty

GOOFY ain't they

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Theocratic (hypocratic) Warfare.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "ABSOLUTELY -total hypocrisy"

Don't all witnesses take the 'Hypocritic Oath' when they join that religion?

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit