1000 asked to leave bethel complexes

by atpeace 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Welcome. Wow. Jehovah decides to cut back and maybe outsource? Must be listening to the Bush administration on how to make money without paying the workers. Too bad they didn't have a Union.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Can you imagine having James Hoffa Jr. approaching the wts.......

Organizing the Organization?

NMG

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Oh , and WELCOME atpeace.....

NMG

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

AtPeace,

Where did you hear this? Is it a recent happening or the same disizing that occurred a couple of years ago?

S4

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i'm just wondering if at assemblies and conventions now they still have meetings for those who want to go to bethel.

cos that would be a bit deceitful wouldn't it...or have they lowered the upper age limit. imagine you had been sacked and then went to a convention this summer where they held meetings for those interested in going to bethel..bit of a kick in the teeth that eh.

and do they still say it from the platfrom ..you know pioneering is a stepping stone for further priveleges like bethel or circuit work etc.

cos if they are letting so many go then clearly there isn't a need in bethel...and surely a good number of these 'spiritual' bros will fill any circuit needs.

remember we always used to say...make a career in the org..you will never be made redundant...what a joke.

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome atpeace. What is the source of your information ?

• atpeace
    atpeace

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

i'm on my sister-in laws email list. she said the mood at this past meeting was somber because several from her kh (montgomery congregation) were asked to leave.i wondered the same thing - if bethel service was even something they mentioned as a goal?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

From what I know, it seems that 30 years at Bethel is the cutoff point. Those above that can stay, those below that are likely to be asked to leave.

The comments above seem accurate. This is a way of purging the majority of Bethelites in their 30s to 60s who are becoming more of a liablity due to age and health issues. Bethel isn't exactly the healthiest lifestyle.

They may still be accepting new Bethelites, but I'd be willing to guarantee that they are mostly healthy, very young men needed as physical workers, and the occasional engineer or lawyer who will likely be older, but comes with important education and professional certifications.

The WTS spin on this is that this is a chance for these friends to get out in the field and help with the "massive increase" being experienced 'cause the time is so short. Yeah, sure!!

S4

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome!

Yes this is true. There was a big exodus in 02 and then again last year. A lot of "lifers" were put out to pasture.

changeling

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Did they at least give them a freakin' gold watch? alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit