i have adopted a grandma !

by looloo 11 Replies latest social family

• looloo
    looloo

on the way to school each day an old lady would be sat in her window looking out , my little girl started waving at her eventually so i followed suit this went on for about 6 months , a week before christmas i knocked on the door with a present of a big box of choclate biscuits for this old lady , she also had a gift for me and my child (we didnt even know eachothers names ) this is what christmas is all about , making an old lady feel special and she told us how much she looks forward to us passing everyday and her wave , my childs real grandma often passes when on the ministery but does not knock on our door !

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Who says that blood is thicker than water! Nice story.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Oh, what a sweet story!!

I'm sure you have brought a lot of joy to that older lady too!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Now that is true Christianity. My family adopted one when I was young. She was alone and had fallen and hurt herself. A widow since the 50's, she had raised her late sisters' two sons. They had moved away. We loved her till she was in the nursing home. We'd bring her home to her house on weekends and she came to my wedding. She was born in 1900 and had amazing stories to tell.

You and your daughter made her so happy.

momz

• llbh
    llbh

What a lovely story that is Heartwarming. How lovely for your daughter

• sarahle102@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

cool. nice story. nice people

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

awwww! so sweet! congrats on your new gramma!

• erynw
    erynw

What a nice story!

• eclipse
    eclipse

Awww, thank you so much for sharing your story, it was so refreshing to read.

• looloo
    looloo

thanx everone , im teaching my child the true meaning of christmas despite it being so pagan !!!!! i love christmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit