Smell 'em a Mile Away!!!

by prophecor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, I have to admit that I see people and the JW radar kicks in- Mcdonalds- a group clean-cut family types together all dressed in KH approved service duds and the kids have that "wish I was watchin' Saturday morning TV" look about them. I always feel sorry for the kids.

Added: I have been known to then go to my car and retrieve my WT expose' handouts and walk the parking lot until I found the car/cars with the bookbags/ magazines on the seat, etc. Then I left my calling card. It must really bug them to find that stuff when they come back.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have been fooled a couple of times, but usually my dubdar works well.

• DJK
    DJK

I was fooled only once. They were Mormons.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband and I when traveling on Sunday have found it does blur from time to time. Many fundamentalist groups dress quite conservatively to go to church and go out to eat afterwards. Once we recognized there were 2 groups, jws and baptists and hard to tell except for a cross on one lady's neck. We have been called on at the door by LDS, Baptists, Pentacostals, and at first it was hard to tell visually.

But once they start talking, the difference is clear.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can often recognize a witless by the way they dress. And, once they open their mouths, it is blatant. All they talk about is the Kingdumb and its features (, , and ). If I see them, I hope to see a cross, that one of them lights a cigarette, or someone swears--upon which I know that I do not have to worry about getting set up for recapture by that group.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I find that from a distance, I can pick them out quite well. But, if I actually talk to one, I guarantee I can tell.

When a group is small, ingrown, and insulated, it develops unique and specialized phrasing. They think of it as the pure language, and take great pride in it. It is actually a telltale mark of a cult. A JW can smell an imposter a mile away, and so can we.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit