The Book Study reader's cellphone went off ....

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

haha.. that's funny... My blackberry started ringing one time when the ENTIRE congregation was meeting for a book study during the CO's visit - all book studies met together when the CO visited. I was conducting the book study when my phone rang... Get this... - It was my wife who was calling. She had come to the book study, but half way through my daughter wasn't feeling well so she left with her. She just wanted to leave me a message telling me to pick up something at the grocery store on my way home - but never dreamed that I would actually still have my cellphone on... I got a good laugh out of that - and even commented that it's bad enough that I didn't have my ringer off - it's even worse that it was my own wife placing the call. The "friends" thought it was funny and even the CO laughed a little afterward... Not my finest hour...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Vibrate's your friend.

• uninformed
    uninformed

He probably got a promotion or at least several 'stars' to have the Kingdom Melody ringtone--It showed how Theocratic he was. Probably was not an oversight, but he did it on purpose.

Brant

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

The PO's wife's cell went off one night during the Thursday night meeting. After finally finding it in her purse, she answered it and started talking while walking toward the back of the hall. It was hillarious. Of course I doubt anything was said to her about it...

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Heyy!!! I would love to have a Kingdom melody as a ringtone. How can I get one?

Even though I don't know you, I like you too much to give you that information. A Kingdumb Malady ringtone? I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemy!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    A kingdom melody ringtone? How absolutely pathetic!

Yeah, and if your phone rings during Field Circus .... the householder has even more reason to run and hide!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I didn't even know they made Kingdom Melody ringtones! I wonder which song it was...

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I didn't even know they made Kingdom Melody ringtones! I wonder which song it was...

I really don't remember which song it was. At the time, I was just stunned.

I believe the brother somehow recorded the song on his phone then used it as a ringtone.

• catbert
    catbert

The melody to this would be a cool ringtone:

We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses; We speak out in fearlessness.
    Ours is the God of true prophecy; What He foretells comes to be.

• four candles
    four candles

More like 'Don't believe a word' by Thin Lizzy which is my ringtone.

Or sometimes,when I'm in the mood,its 'Layla' by Derek and the Dominoes.

Rock on good people!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit