NEVER get gifts from my hubby!!

by newly unsure 24 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

OK no bulls***.............. if you have a mate of either sex who is forgetfull........... and you dont want to be disapointed come anniversary............ TAKE THE INNITATIVE....... give them at least a three day warning....... or if finances are tight........ tell them the day before payday preceeding the anniversary....

"what do you want to do for our anniversary next thursday?"

then if they forget.... BARBECUE his or her ass......... and if finances make it all but impossible to go all out.... at least they can get ....... OR MAKE you a card. that and some sort of SPECIAL dinner..... splurge on wine if nothing else....... and hey whats it all about anyway? the fact that the other person is still SPECIAL to you.

it is in fact my anniversary...... on Thursday...... aka...... TOMORROW. i already got her the card and the wine.... so trying to figure out EXACTLY what im gonna fix her for dinner.... i teased her that i was gonna make her FRIED CHICKEN lol. she wanted to go out but i might make her something instead........ jurys still out tho.

growing up we always did the family present day on my mom and dads anniversary..... i hope to continue that tradition when the boy gets older.

• golf2
    golf2

N-unsure, happy anniversary. Give yourself some satisfaction, why not invite him out for your anniversary? Whether he gets the 'hint' or not YOU WILL!!!!

Golf

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Good points primitive genius.

I guess the problem is my mate did not "forget". We have been married 25 years. He knows my likes and dislikes. He really just can't be bothered to put in the effort.

Cog

• newly unsure
    newly unsure

Wow I cant beleive how many of you took the time to reply...thanks soo much for the support. Just to follow up, the night before he made a comment suggesting to expect nothing as he had planed to take me to a new restaurant for dinner but after driving by it 2gether we both thought it looked a little dingy. So after the comment he made I said " Are you telling me to expect nothing for our anniversary?" To which he hesitantly replied... 'no'. The next morning (day of anni) he got up early went to an engraving store and got me a bracelet. I am glad he did although it still felt really forced. I'm not hard to please I just wish I was married to someone who WANTED to do something nice for me every so often. Oh well.... 9 years and going.

Neway, thanks everyone, your all awsome!

NewlyUnsure

• ninja
    ninja

if I bought my wife a gift ...she would think I was having an affair.....come to think of it.......if I washed the dishes she would think something was afoot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit