Can we PLEASE stop calling bs on people unless we KNOW them?

by avishai 34 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Oh HELL no. Not even. In no way, lets git 'em!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Good thread !

Everyone needs to ease up a bit on people - especially newbies otherwise we will end up becoming "The Cult of JWD" that vets everyone before admission.

What are we trying to achieve ? A safe-haven just like own Kingdom Hall, protected from the evil system outside ?

The internet will never be a "safe place".

General caution about people on here is one thing (as the recent Trevor situation proves) even if they have been on here for sometime BUT pouncing on everything that isn't a typical post is overkill.

We are a varied bunch of people and therefore have a varied bunch of life-events happening to us.

It is the job of a moderator to "police" the forum to remove illegal posts and things that may generally slander someone. This forum has 11 specific rules that the mods enforce - (well 12 plus a catchall rule). It is not the job of a moderator to ensure that everyone is who they say they are and that their stories are true.

I don't get the problem with people coming on here and spinning a yarn. I don't get it - I really don't... so what if someone is logging in under a different name ? There is a good deal of difference between a "Troll" (someone coming on just to put the cat among the pigeons) and someone that posts under an alias for other reasons.

Isn't it the same as meeting people at a party - you have no real way of knowing if they are genuine or not - but you don't suddenly shout "LIAR" at their face... you simply "log it" in your head... and save it for later. WHEN THERE IS PROOF.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If you get a poster even joking about being very ill or suicide , which I hope someone wouldn't do but who knows, it is best to let them have their fun till such times as it is known otherwise IMO just to be on the safe side!.Methinks!

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Oi, it was me and I have apologised.

If I had of known of the background I would not have been so insensitive.

My reply was not meant to offend, it was a light hearted joke.

I saw the crazy spelling and thought she was having a joke.

If you dont know the background, it could be seen in that light.

Has everyone here done a profile on each poster before posing? I think not, I apologized on the thread and hope the original poster accepts my apology.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This place is becomming to difficult to navigate. New and old alike should respect the fact that people will have differing opinions - deal with it - you can't be right all of the time.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I am a firm believer that if you give a person/subject enough TIME, he, she, it, will all be shown for who/what they are. We all have plenty of time here, don't we? I do believe also that some who sit in front of their computers Do have nothing better to do than to pick the FLY boogers out of anything.

NMG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ok now I KNOW why the thread was started I can comment better.... Totally agree with you on this one. If you don't know people or their circumstances rather just shut up.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I think the problem is that people use this board like a chat room.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    If you dont know the background, it could be seen in that light.

That's the whole point, next time could you please check first? It's not good when people jump in, calling BS especially when they haven't taken the time to find out.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Does this mean we have to be nice to the stupid, long time posters now?

Now listen here JK YES!!!!!!! You do have to be nice to me !!!!! Do you understand????You better or you know what I will do!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit