Dress and grooming guidelines for LDS sisters ....

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    To be fair, these are guidelines for women who are Mormon missionaries

To be fair, why should the color of a Mormon missionary's underwear even matter?!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Don't forget about their most important garment!

• eclipse
    eclipse
    To be fair, these are guidelines for women who are Mormon missionaries, directly representing the church before the public.

Same thought as FFM.

Who exactly CHECKS that they are wearing the correct color underwaer...

anyone who is a LDS and looks at all the retarded regulations and rules has got to sometimes think, ''hey, maybe I'm in a controlling cult?''

Oh right, most brainwashed people never think for themselves.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my god the magic mormon underwear is funny. No wonder they won't admit to it - it's ridiculous. And I noticed one of the google ads on the page said: Mormon underwear

Browse a huge selection now. Find exactly what you want today. www.ebay.com

that's funny too! Also the story told by the old man that a woman in a plane crash had her arms and legs burned up but not the part of her body that was covered with her underwear. I don't know, to me dead is dead, whether or not some part of your anatomy doesn't get burned.

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Hey,

I represent what's going on here...

I've worn my "Jesus Jammies" (garments) for 23 years now. It's interesting to note that my HEAD is not covered by my garments. I have significant hairloss on my head, but the areas covered by my garments have no hairloss. It must be TRUE!!! I think I'm going to start wearing my garments on my head...

They are actually quite comfortable. I wish they came in different colors... although I heard a rumor about khaki colored being available for military types. While they are comfy, they are F ugly. Nothing worse than seeing my hotwife strip down... to her garments.

• sir82
    sir82

I could probably research this but I'm feeling lazy , and since we have a "retired" LDS here...

What exactly is the scriptural / moral / ethical / religious reason for dictating what kind of undergarments someone wears?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

those chicks are smokin hot

~Hill

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

What exactly is the scriptural / moral / ethical / religious reason for dictating what kind of undergarments someone wears?

Scriptural as in some words that actually came from diety, or scriptural as in some words in a book that people choose to live by and think come from god?

Joseph'S Myth was a genius, I believe. Deviant, diabolical, but definitely brilliant. It was interesting to discover how he cunningly brought together opposing parties and had them support him. Example: there was considerable anti Masonic sentiment in his day. There were parties both for and against these secretive groups. JS sought to get both parties.

For the Anti Masons... use the BOM to preach against secret combinations and secret groups. JS also married Lucinda Morgan Harris. Lucinda Morgan's husband had been killed by Mason's for revealing their secret rituals. Lucinda Married a Mr Harris. JS CONCURRENTLY married Lucinda as a "spiritual wife", hoping to bring her anti masonic following with her.

For the Masons: JS "revealed" a new temple ceremony strinkingly familiar with the masonic rites. Along with this, he taught that when Adam fell, God made some Jesus Jammies for them from coats of skin... I've often wondered why garments aren't made from leather????? Anyway, they are supposed to be a (ugly) reminder of the "moral" and religious covenants that are made in the temple and in church. Yes, wonderful promises of protection are made.

All garments are made/sold by the church.

Some people have Calvin Klien on their butt... I have Joseph Smith on mine...( no there's no monogram)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    it's still control freak bull shit.

Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't. I was just saying that the JW's would probably be even bigger control freaks, given the chance.

To be fair, why should the color of a Mormon missionary's underwear even matter?!

Same reason that it matters whether male JW's wear beards or not. Submission to the organization. See the first quotation above.

• tula
    tula

Just as all good JWs carry their blood cards, the Mormons must carry their "temple cards". That is, if they can get one.

Seems to me, all of these things are "MARKINGS".

Mormons who wish to participate in any of the temple rituals must first request an interview with the bishop of their local ward (that is, the pastor of their local Mormon congregation), who will examine them individually as to their religious beliefs, their loyalty to the church leaders, their abstinence from forbidden things (alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea), their sexual morality, and the extent of their financial contributions to the church. If the bishop determines from this examination that they are sufficiently worthy, he will issue them a "recommend," that is, a pass to the temple, valid for two years. (Until 2002 the recommend was valid for only one year.) The member must then take the recommend to the stake president (the church officer who oversees several local wards), who will conduct a similar interview before countersigning the recommend. Many Mormons always carry their recommend, which is the size of a credit card, in their purse or wallet.

http://packham.n4m.org/temples.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit