My only problem with the JWs

by dawg 30 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Check out this video on shunning by Seattleniceguy. I liked it.
    Sorry it's not clickable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_B4PfDwp5I

• dawg
    dawg

Like, I've known many of you here on-line for the last year or so, some of you have really pissed me off and I'm sure my wining personality has pissed you off too, but I haven't shunned a one of you... its silly....and we all often disagree, but never do we shun.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    I agree about the shunning-that is the worst. The WTO take 1 Corinthians 5 and go haywire with it.

I have a friend who is a JW and I have many good things to say about him.

None of them will get him into the kingdom of God though :(

The worst thing is his religion but that is not his fault or even his parents, just the enemy's.

Regards,
    Stephen

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I'm with you sweetie. I would suggest you read my latest post, but it's pretty sad. Thanks for all your help.

• flipper
    flipper

DAWG- Yeah, I agree with you bud. I mean if it meant my family would have a cow or have a conniption fit if they had to leave their beliefs - if they didn't shun me and all of them respected my leaving the cult and we could all be normal human beings and not have the shunning, I wouldn't mind if they chose to stay in it. But the reality is- they can't act normal in a controlled cult like environment. So, seeing that is the reality- I would just as soon they'd all exit the cult ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am mixed on this. If a family member wants to stay busy in their church, and I know it's
    not "the truth," I might not care that much. But that depends on what that work is. If it is
    a humane work of helping the homeless or the hungry, that's great. If it's some work to
    line the pockets of the priest/reverend/rabbi/guru then I have a big problem with it.

It gets worse when my family member is being manipulated. Shunning is only one part of
    the problem. No, I can't say that it's just fine that my wife and mother belong to a
    mind-control cult that plays on their fears to get them to attend indoctrination refreshment
    courses constantly and sell cult literature for the benefit of the "leaders" as long as the
    cult doesn't encourage shunning former members. I can't say that it is okay that they
    keep thinking that Armageddon is right around the corner.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

you know what...... if my folks came to me and said they wanted me as their POA in the case of their incapacity to act in their own behalf.................. but wanted me to swear i wouldnt force blood upon them....... i would so swear and abide by their own decisions even tho i wouldnt agree with them. they have the right to decide what happens to their own bodies.

being in that cult isnt like being a branch dividian...... there isnt the everyday fact that koresh was takeing all the women for his own...... or weirdness like that...... instead the higher ups abuse their power in different ways and unfortuantely one of those ways involves pedophila. for the most part they keep their heads down and read that fake a$$ bible of theirs and run around like mice in a maze...... thats about the worst part of my personal family...... there is no abuse of alcohol or drugs or improper sexual things happening.

yeah my dad wastes his time building their buildings but he enjoys it and is brainwashed enough to belive hes truely helping. yeah he is the PO and he does his best in that role, belives it and gives 110%.

personally if they would just treat me as if i was never in their religion....... i could live with that.... as long as they dont will ANYTHING to the society....... i would rather it all go to my sister who is a brainwashed dub as well than to the cult.

if they would treat me with the respect im due for makeing a decision WITH my BIBLE TRAINED CONSCIENCE......... and standing by it. as a free thinking child of god..... and their own first born.... the provider of their ONLY blood grandchild........ and probably the ONLY blood grandchildren they will EVER have...... then i could live with that.

they arent addicted to meth.... they dont steal....... they are just brainwashed......... i would however feel sad that they DID NOT live up to their potential.............. cause they surely coulda helped a hell of alot more people if they would just not focus on jws only.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

You all here should be glad that they do all this nutty, cruel stuff. Think about this- if they didn't, imagine how much more powerful they would be. I mean that much of their doctrine isn't all that hokey is it? But it's all the bullsh#t stuff that goes along with it.

If they cut out the shunning (DF) nonsence, and let people decide which medical proceedures they want, they would be inundated with new folk. If they weren't so arrogant and stupid, the would be filled to the rafters.

Lucky us they are not!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Why can't we all just get along?? I mean I've got friends that are buddists, atheists, christians, no denomination, hindu you name it and we all get along just fine. Only the JW's won't allow it - It wouldn't bother me ( well actually it might cos their control is THAT bad ) but I mean let's just associate - it's not going to kill you.

It will never change people - they are afraid that by associating with unbelievers there numbers would dwindle and then who would fund the org.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Yep, absolutely agree with you. I couldn't care less what they believe as long as families can still treat each other with "natural affection".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit