Why is infant Mortality in US worse than Morocco or Costa Rica?

by hamsterbait 31 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Americans keep voting the same bunch of rich folk that don't care for their subjects. I cannot understand why adequate health care is so taboo there. More brainwashing than a Thursday night meeting? Maybe too much spent on the war effort.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I didn't read this whole thread but just so you know Costa Rica IS NOT A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. And their medical care is superior to that of the United States and is accessible to ALL OF THEIR CITIZENS. That's why their mortality rates are lower.

• 5go
    5go

Oh Great, another "Bash America" thread.

I have worked in many foriegn countries, many of them in the third world.

When you step off a plane and the first thing that hits you is the smell of open sewers and rotting flesh you realize that . . .

The US isn't so bad.

Ever stepped out of a plane in LA, East Houston, or Fly over country in the US I think the US's current greatness is the greatest propaganda campaign since Dr.Paul Joseph Goebbels propaganda campaign in Nazi Germany. Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth ... The US is the greatest nation in the world! The US Military is invincible! The US can do no wrong! God has blessed America with his greatness! ETC! Sounds like recycled Nazi propaganda to me.

• JK666
    JK666

It is probably a combination of more accurate accounting, and slipshod care for those not insured in the United States.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

5go,

And the health care can be up to Josef Mengele standards.

JK

• 5go
    5go
    And the health care can be up to Josef Mengele standards.

You brought up something I didn't think about but I just connected it in my head.

Where are the medical research places going to find cheap human guinea pigs for their experiments after national health care is passed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Where are the medical research places going to find cheap human guinea pigs for their experiments after national health care is passed.

Maybe you should volunteer in the interest of the greater good.

• 5go
    5go
    Maybe you should volunteer in the interest of the greater good.

Spoken like a loving christian brother. Bless you, brother Bless you.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just another idea - forgive my dense question, but is it more difficult to spot a 'blue baby' in African-American babies? Perhaps if it is, this also means it takes longer to spot a problem in newborns?

LOL! You're forgiven. Black babies are lighter in color when they first arrive, so spotting cyanosis shouldn't be a difficulty.

On the subject of food, at one time we grew everything we ate. My mother bore 13 children with the aid of midwives. Only the last - #13 - had any medical problems. I agree with WTW that the stuff we call 'food' today differs greatly from that of yesteryear.

Then again, there are a lot teen pregnancies along with drug use in the Black community. The cycle continues ...

Sylvia

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    And the health care can be up to Josef Mengele standards

Didn't I just read somewhere that the USA offered many of the doctors and scientists who worked within the Nazi system, work in this country after the war was over? The trade off was immunity - no charges for their part (if any) in crimes against humanit that may have been committed if research and data is continued in the west. I must see if I can find this data - sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit