Possibility? What if there were over 144,000 partakers worldwide this year?

by Guest with Questions 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I have read a few threads regarding this issue and I'm wondering. If the doors of 1935 are no longer closed, and the gates of heaven are open, and a person feels that they are now of the annointed, what's to stop the younger or new people from partaking? Does the possibility exist that more than 144,000 could partake worldwide? Could that be too far fetched? If that were to happen would anyone even know if that did happen? Would there be controls set in place to ensure that this would never be disclosed?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

How many people are posting here? Can we get a movement started? I said to my hubby I am NOT going to the Memorial this year. BUT I may if we get enough people gathered to partake.

momzGrinning

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

momzcrazy: What are you suggesting?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi GWQ,
    Hopefully you have read some of my posts on the subject?

Jesus is not a liar and the 144 000 are out of the tribulation which hasn't even started and they are clearly Jews.

The WTO use them as a key doctrine to stop JWs from being born again etc. interesting as the Bible say this is the ONLY way into God's kingdom.

John 3:3(New International Version)
    In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

All the best,
    Stephen

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I think we should get a group together comprised of people who SINCERELY believe they will go to heaven when they die. Then have them go to Memorial and partake. It would be great if it totaled 144,000. But it would also let them participate in something denied them for so long.

Nothing sneaky or evil I promise. Really.

• oompa
    oompa

That would be about what it takes to make 144k a figurative number finally.....with all the figurative numbers in revelation....why can't the 144k be figurative.....and why does god need all this help to rule a satanless world?????............oompa

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

momzcrazy: I think it's a wonderful idea that people should now be able to freely partake which should have been the case all along.

Chalam: I haven't read your posts but I agree with you that the 144,000 are Jews. One can't take part of a sentence figuratively and the other part literally. I still believe that the Jews have remained the chosen people. God has never broken his Covenant with them. As Gentiles we are now included in this Covenant (Epehesians 2:11-13) edited to include Eph 2:14-22

Oompa: as I mentioned to Chalam I believe that the 144,000 is a literal number but it's not annointed Jehovah Witnesses.

• oompa
    oompa

Guest---I still don't have a clue why Jesus or God would want 144,000 Jews in Heaven??? Why can't they get the job of ruling a Satanless world with the zillions of angels.....I don't know what to believe anymore.....but the Bible is looking more and more implausible...........oompa

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Oompa: I'm not sure either. My understanding is that the 144,000 Jews will go throughout the world and preach to their own people about the good news, that Jesus died for all; that he is everyone's Messiah. It makes the most sense to me at the moment.

I don't think the bible is implausable. I still believe it's the Word of God to man. It's man reading into it what they want that's the problem, especially with the Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons. I do believe that with an open heart things are revealed to us individually. But we do have to work at it by reading it for ourselves. Most of us leave our spiritual life to others and that is dangerous. I stumbled with one major issue a number of years ago and I did pray for guidance and do believe that I received that guidance. It's an amazing thing when it happens and it can happen for anyone if they are open to it, but it takes effort. I am reading the New Testament and I do pray for guidance. I hope I see things more clearly by really reading it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Funny thought. The WT would have a number of options (in decreasing probability order):

- stop publishing the "partakers"' figure;
    - reinterpret the 144,000 as a symbolical figure;
    - invent a third class (heavenly Levites or something);
    - disconnect the Memorial from the two-hopes doctrine (both can partake);
    - drop the two-hopes doctrine altogether (practically the "organisation's authority" does not rest on that anymore).

By the way, any significant increase of the number of partakers might lead to one of those actions -- long before the figure matches 144,000.

What remains to be seen is whether there are enough people within the current JW ranks with the independence of mind and motivation to produce such a significant increase, even without any organisational or doctrinal hindrance (or deterrence). I would be really surprised if they reach 144,000 anytime soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit