What did you learn as a JW that helps you in your work today

by Lady Lee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Got over being "crowd shy" - from giving convention parts,being on the platform every week as an elder, etc... - it helps me in my job because I am fearless in front of a group now - coworkers, meetings, presentations to our global staff, etc... that's just about the only good thing outside of a binch of useless facts about useless things I retained from the borg's literature...

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hi!

I answered this question in a thread I started some months ago: (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/145667/1.ashx)

"I try to focus in the few positive aspects of being a JW, and how that can help me to improve myself. I like to help people too, and that is something that I really enjoy. I make "wordly" friends very easily, and I've known very very good people outside the organization.
    As JW, we are not afraid of "cold calling" on people. Think about this: If we are capable of "selling" a Watchtower magazine to a person that we don't know, and that's not really interested in it, we can be the best salesman/saleswoman in the world! As you mentioned, we have the ability to speak well before a class, without problems. We can convince people. Use that in your favor!"

Have a great day!

TTRP

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow I'm a little surprised at how many of you said public speaking. I suspect that there are a couple of reasons why this didn't apply to me.

• as a female I never got to address the audience directly. And those interviews at assemblies were so edited that I felt like I was lying - which I don/t do well
    • due in large part to my history of abuse I hated being in crowds, I hated being the centre of attention. And my self-seteem was in the negative.

How sad that so many of you got nothing out of it. - not your fault -

Make the most of your lives now.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I learned long-suffering.

Then again, maybe not, because I left, didn't I? So I guess I still gotta work on that one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit