THE PACK IS BACK!

by JK666 38 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Me too!!! Go Packers! Brett has had an outstanding year. Win one for the old folks!

• wednesday
    wednesday

hey JK, I'm a Cowboy fan through and through but I also love the Packers. they are America's two favorite teams. I always watch their games, and not just hoping they will lose, i am a fan. I consider them worthy opponents of the Cowboys. from years ago the Packers and Cowboys have been respectful opponents, not too much trash talking between them. you know, shake hands- best team wins. i saw the ICE BOWL. now that is FOOTBALL.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

DUH, DUH, DA-DUH-DUH-DUH, GO-PACK-GO

• delilah
    delilah

FANTASTIC game!!!!!!! I think some of the best games are played in the snow...

...now, how 'bout those Patriot's?......*runs for cover*....

P.S. Happy birthday Jayhawk......

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks Delilah.

• JK666
    JK666

Happy birthday Jayhawk!

JK

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    ...now, how 'bout those Patriot's?......*runs for cover*....

This is one of the reasons I'd like to see Green Bay make it to the Superbowl. They are one of the few teams that I think can match up well with New England, and I don't see anyone else in the AFC making it.

To beat New England, you need both a team that can make the big plays, and methodically and patiently bring pressure on Tom Brady. Sure, Green Bay is overall, a rather young team, but Favre's leadership and confidence give it the stability of one much older. Plus, they are playing better now than they have all season.

I just don't see another team that can take on Brady and company and hope to win. Dallas doesn't have the leadership. Romo has a lot of skill and poise, but I can't see him being harassed by Seau, Harrison, and Bruschi and keeping his head.

San Diego has a lot of talent, but they suffer from the debilitating disease of freakoutitis. They've finally won their first post-season game since 1995, but I don't think they are mentally ready to take on the leagues best team in the AFC's biggest game. I don't think they're even going to make it past Indianapolis.

Indianapolis could do it. They need Marvin Harrison to stay healthy and they need Peyton Manning to play the full game. Peyton's awesome but he still gets freaked out when he feels overwhelmed. I thought winning a superbowl would have cured him of that.

So, I see a rematch of Superbowl XXXI, with the same excitement and the same results.

• JK666
    JK666

Abandoned,

I hope you are wrong about the Patriots, let see how the Colts play tomorrow after a chance to heal their injuries. Peyton and company were able to take them out last year, it could happen again.

JK

• delilah
    delilah

I'd like to see the Packers and the Pat's go head to head at Superbowl. Brett Favre is playing top-notch, and he and Brady are pretty much well matched, as QB's go. IMHO.

They are seasoned enough to stay relatively calm when in a crunch. Something some of the younger QB's will learn with time and experience.

I'd like to see San Diego go all the way, they've fought hard this year, with having a new coach and all. They've had a lot of adjusting to do. My husband is a die hard fan, ( grew up in San Diego) and he's very happy with where they are, given the circumstances. Of course, he'd LOVE to see them in the Superbowl and win!!

The Colts could do it....it'll be interesting to see anyways.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

JK, it's going to be interesting, that's for sure. Peyton has the talent and experience and teh Colts do have a lot better defense.

I'd like to see San Diego go all the way, they've fought hard this year, with having a new coach and all. They've had a lot of adjusting to do. My husband is a die hard fan, ( grew up in San Diego) and he's very happy with where they are, given the circumstances. Of course, he'd LOVE to see them in the Superbowl and win!!

San Diego is my second favorite team. The problem is that they have a very consistent habit of not showing up mentally for the big games. It's like they consider themselves to be locks and so they don't have to do the work. I would like to see them put that to a rest, but I don't see this being the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit