Ok, so clearly, I can't keep my big, fat stinkin mouth shut even though...

by cognac 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I've been warned. I keep saying little things to my husband, and he clearly won't budge any more then he already has. I just want him to see the truth. I think he doesn't have a lot if any zeal in it, but he's like a brick superglued to cement that won't move.

When all of a sudden I had this brilliant idea. You see, before we were married, we got into a bit of trouble... Ok, so a whole lot of trouble. We never went to the elders about it. I have totally let it go because I did research awhile back on it and it just didn't bother me anymore.

Soooooo, I asked him, "Is there anything in the back of your mind that bothers your conscious?"

The look on his face was so sad... He said "don't ask me that, out of all the questions you could ask me, don't ask that". Wow, this really, really bothers him. I didn't realize how much... I feel really, really bad for him that he has to carry this weight around with him...

So, I asked him, what if I were to put together some information of what the word "fornication" (thus my other thread) really means? What if I told you that it no longer burdens my conscious at all because of my research? Would you look at the information I give to you? He said he would. He said that if he could be relieved of this things would be perfect for him.

So, now, I need to gather info... I got a lot, but anything else you have would be great.

The other benefit is, he will have to admit that the society is wrong regarding what the word means. Usually, when I say things to him, I don't think he really THINKS about it. He will have to really, really think about this because this is one thing that really affects him...

Just going to chip away at this.

Ok, so I have a big mouth. So, you guys have warned me... I know, I know... I sometimes just can't help myself...

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I understand you. When I need people to see something, understand ... I feel I cannot stop talking, arguing, debatting until they see it. The thing is, doing that can drive them further away from you. Good luck with the fornication subject.

Good vibes send your way.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Cognac - girl I like the way you think, go for it!

• new boy
    new boy

Thats a great idea.

If he he doesn't want to read it. Tell him you want to go to the elders and confess what you guys did before you got married.

That will gert his attendtion.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I know how you feel. After that, maybe try and hold off for a little longer, before you chip off the next piece. I'm sure that you will succeed. If an well researched apostate and a jw were stuck in a cell together, odds are that the jw will also go apostate.

S

• cognac
    cognac

If he he doesn't want to read it. Tell him you want to go to the elders and confess what you guys did before you got married.

That will gert his attendtion.

Oh my goodness, what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think of that.... That's so awesome!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    If an well researched apostate and a jw were stuck in a cell together, odds are that the jw will also go apostate.

Um....that's not a slam against marriage is it?

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Many years after my divorce from my first wife ( married 19 years ) she is still a witness , she tried to make me feel guilty about making out as teenagers and doing other surly things with each other before marriage 25 years in the past . She didn't say it bothered her until AFTER the divorce. At least you are addressing this situation with your husband while you are still married so you are able to catch it and heal any resentment which could undermine your marriage in time- if left unchecked. I think your big mouth is fantastic ! Be glad you have a mate that will talk at all about problems- my first ex-wife of many years ago would not talk- probably one reason we ended up divorcing. So good job sis, keep it up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It is one of the sickest words I know of, and especially in the context that JW's intend it for. "JW's don't swear". If someone says that, they are swearing, and it is repulsive. Bill.

• Satanus
    Satanus

TS

'.that's not a slam against marriage is it?'

Aahhaahaa. Good catch, truthsearcher. Could be my subconscious speaking. I guess marriage could like that, sometimes.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit