Woman injured in crash off Bay Shore pier dies

by VanillaMocha73 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Woman injured in crash off Bay Shore pier dies

"The women knew each other through a Jehovah's Witness community in Central Islip, where both were members, officials and friends said."

"Police withheld Halvorsen's identity for four days because no next of kin could be located. But by Thursday night, her religious community had contacted a nephew who then contacted the county medical examiner's office, police said. Attempts by Newsday to reach Mueller's children and Halvorsen's nephew were unsuccessful."

Maybe their kids were disfellowshipped? Such warm family ties.....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

What a sad story, 2 older sisters out driving and having an accident..

i agree about their children, probably disfellowshipped, it took the religious community 4 days to find someone kin to her, cynic in me says to find someone else to pay for the funeral, for sure the religion they gave their lives and their children up for wont.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I worry about this with my mom. She has cut me and my sister, her closest relatives, out of her life. We would probably be notified by her elders if something happened. She WILL NOT speak to us, even via email. Sad religion.

momz

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I wonder if anyone has a name. My ex was in a congo in Bay Shore for some years. She may know this gal.

Isaac

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Here's the latest -

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liplun135536519jan13,0,2272022.story

Congregation to arrange plunge victim's funeral -

A Jehovah's Witnesses congregation will care for the remains of one of the women who died in a crash into the Great South Bay early last week, according to a community leader.
    Ellen Halvorsen, of Bay Shore, was a member of the congregation based in Central Islip for twelve years, ...

Halvorsen, 66, and another member of that congregation, Margrit Mueller, 68, died after Mueller's car went off the pier in Bay Shore on Jan. 7. Halvorsen died shortly after the crash. Mueller passed away Friday at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore.

Halvorsen's nephew, Craig Greubel of St. James, said his aunt was one of four children and grew up in Lindenhurst. She became a Jehovah's Witness about 40 years ago. Greubel said the congregation had the family's blessing to arrange her cremation and funeral. The Mueller family will be responsible for her arrangements, ...

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I wonder how many people on this board no longer keep in touch with their family - don't give them a forwarding address or phone number any longer? On the other hand, how many on this board no longer receive any contact from their families leaving them to beleive that their families don't wish to have that forwarding address or phone number. sammieswife.

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes, if i died, my children would find out in maybe a year or so,,,,maybe longer,,,so very very sad it is:(

and the same with them

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit