Steve2 Weenie Challenge

by Farkel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

tophat,

You said:

: You might consider deflating your ego Farkel. After-all this steve somebody was just being a jerk. Jerks are to be ignored.

You started out with an ad hominem, then you continued with a judgement, then you reached your conclusion. In your infinite wisdom you did all of this. By yourself. Well.

Let me recap for you:

Steve2 said my post was basically, really long and not that good.

I responded by saying, "Ok, show me how you can make it better."

YOU said "consider deflating your ego, Farkel" How does THAT relate to anything? When you've been attacked, do YOU deflate your ego?

If not, why not? Does "deflating your ego" help you give a better response? If so, why so?

You then said that "steve" was a jerk. How do you know he was a jerk? If he WAS a jerk, then he wouldn't dare answer my challenge. If he WAS NOT a jerk, then he just might. We should wait and see. This comment puts you in the "judgemental twit" category, and I don't think you have earned the right to pass absolute judgement on anyone, including Steve. Last time I checked, that right was reserved for God, and maybe, Jesus Christ. Certainly not you.

: Jerks are to be ignored.

Not in your case. That is why I replied.

Farkel, the best jerk case there ever was

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Steve2..Your in a battle of wits with Farkel??..LOL!!..Good Luck!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

care to guess the winner -- my money is on Farkel

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'm not Steve2 and I mean no offense, but I do agree that your story could be cleaned up. Most stories can. Here's the first part after a little bit of editing:

J. Edgar Elder, a well read Jehovah's Witness for over half a century was quite familiar with his religion’s doctrine, both past and present. One day while preaching from door to door an angel appeared to him in a blinding light. “I command thee in God's name to tell the ABSOLUTE TRUTH to everyone thou encounters today,” the angel ordered.

“Thou may not hedge, conceal, soft pedal, or evade any question which is placed before thee,” the angel continued. “I also command thee to listen to every word a householder says. Thou are not to ignore, pretend not to hear, or change the subject, regardless of what is said.” Projecting a warm smile, the Angel bent down on one knee and looked up into J. Edgar’s eyes. “If thou fails to heed these words, thy eldership shall be stripped from thee and thou shall revert to a ministerial servant.”

“THIS IS SERIOUS,” J. Edgar thought. “I'd better obey. I'd rather DIE than become a simple ministerial servant."

At the very next door, a friendly man answered. His gentle eyes hung below light brown hair and he wore a deep blue, cardigan sweater. He listened as J. Edgar made his spiel. “Are you one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?” the kindly man asked.

J. Edgar simply nodded.

"One of my best friends was once a witness and he gave me a list of questions to ask.”

Taking a deep breath and wishing the angel would have bothered someone else, J. Edgar replied, “Oh, he’s probably an apostate.”

Furrowing his brow, the friendly man shook his palms at J. Edgar. “He most certainly is NOT an apostate.” He then began counting on his fingers. “He believes the bible. He’s confessed his sins. He’s accepted Jesus as his personal savior. And he’s dedicated his life to do God’s will.” He folded his arms. “He is a very devout Christian.”

If you'd like me to continue, I'd be glad to, but I won't be able to do it until tomorrow or Monday.

• Farkel
    Farkel

abandoned,

You rewrote my drivel into this:

: At the very next door, a friendly man answered. His gentle eyes hung below light brown hair and he wore a deep blue, cardigan sweater. He listened as J. Edgar made his spiel. “Are you one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?” the kindly man asked.

I was not trying to write a mini-novel here. "friendly man, Gentle eyes, hung below light brown hair and deep blue cardigan sweaters, kindly man?"

What a pile of useless words. SteveO said I used TOO MANY of them, and you are adding even more!

"At the next door, J. Edgar thought another sucker would answer, but he was wrong." He made his spiel. "Are you STUPID?", the householder asked?"

I'm good at short.

Farkel

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Forget I said anthing then. LOL

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

Wow, big tough guy cyber talk like it was 1998 or something. Yawn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit