Having a guilty conscience and maybe I should go back to JW

by hambeak 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• hambeak
    hambeak

I have read the new WT and am thinking of going back. I believe a lot of the teachings and I see what is going on

I just feel a lot of confusion right now. My lifestyle is totally unsuitable to the org. But I feel I am a good person and I don't like or believe any of the other religions on this planet.

What am I to do?

Just sign me lost and confused at this time.

PS. I am not drinking just a person who has a lot of love and has been hurt by a lot of JW's but look at the message and those that don't follow the teachings.

Ham

• Mincan
    Mincan

Have you ever seen proof of Jehovah that could not be explained by something else?

• 5go
    5go

It's a phase, though a tempting one some times.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I have read the new WT and am thinking of going back.

What did you read that made you want to go back?

• Bryan
    Bryan

I went through that. I was back in for two years before I got out for good.

I really don't understand how you believe the teachings. The UN thing and lying about paedophiles and not viewing them as victims doesn't bother you?

The best to you that brings you the most internal happiness.

Bryan

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'm really curious, Hambeak. What was it that you read that convinced you of its', still, being the truth?

• poppers
    poppers

Confusion is what happens when you believe that you must have a set of beliefs. Which one to choose, which is the "right" one? Where does it say you have to have a religion? Are you so helpless that you can't live without something being dictated to you by others? Do you have the courage to let it all go? Every belief, every idea, is comprised solely of thought and is untrue; at best they are only representations, pointers. See what happens when you let it all go, even the belief that you are what you think you are. Find out what happens when no more beliefs get in the way of the reality of what you are. Religious beliefs are especially toxic to the discovery of real truth, the truth of one's essential being - all they do is enslave you to ideas and maintain the illusion of separation, and from separation arises confusion, doubt, suspicion of "other", fear, hatred, and finally violence.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm interested in several religions that I've not had time to investigate further. Since you are knowledgible about ALL of them perhaps you could spare a few hours to enlighten me? carmel

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Time really flies, but surely it can't be April 1 already??

Please tell me you are joking. . .

Love, Shelly

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Perhaps you need to go back. Only you can decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit