why are there not 50,000 posts a day here? My wife has read twice now!!!!!

by oompa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

This site is awesome, but I don't know how many current or former dubs even know about it. I found a home here pretty quick, and have really not bothered to look at other sites....are we #1. The search feature is great now, and I appreciate the effort put into it. Is there a way or need to donate? or could we somehow advertise? Are we a diverse bunch or what????!?!?!....I miss sweetstuff too and me and Outlaw are fast buds.................oompa............now I have me a nice couple that lives right across town from us and we have a ton in common....im faded and they still are.......live is going to get good again...

And great news about my wife.....when I drank too much while posting the other day.....she grabbed my laptop and started reading you guys here on JWD and was very impressed that so many of you were urging me to get help with the booze....which I have to......I swear it is sometimes a very tempting escape...just take a few days and keep a real buzz going.......that has GOT to stop as I am making new friends...and she agreed not to tun me into the elders again for being here....There could possibly be some psycho postate with strange thoughts that I would not read.....but most here is pretty great stuff...............oompa

• DT
    DT

I think this site could really benefit from more incoming links. If you have a blog or website, linking here is a pretty easy way to support the site. It's not even that difficult to set up a blog at places like blogger.com. It gives you a chance to vote for your favorite ex JW sites with links.

• oompa
    oompa

So are we #1.....I don't even know what other sites are out there. Any quality ones?...................oompa

• JK666
    JK666

Oomp,

I had a big post for you here, but decided I will PM it to you instead.

JK

• Mincan
    Mincan

This is the most active ex-JW forum, Jehovah's Witnesses Online is the other big one, that used to be my main one, but I actually prefer this one now, I use to consider it the wuzzy baby one that censored stuff, I realised after posting my drunk assembly thread and it was deleted and people here got all flustered, completely different reaction on JWO.

The other ones aren't worth the time.

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- This is a good thing that your wife saw we all care about you. It could cause her some serious cognizant dissenence. Things she didn't believe that are true- could just be true. Like all of us ex-witnesses are not Devil's LOL! That there are actually some caring, decent, human beings outside the Watchtower society. That the big bad dream that people thinks happens when we stop the witnesses, actually does not happen ! We really don't turn into murdering, lying, fornicating drug abusers , but actually lots of us live clean, moral, and healthily responsible caring lives ! Shock of shocks ! Anyway, tell your wife that Mr. & Mrs. Flipper said Hi ! and we care about her too . Hope she is doing well, and if you are listening Mrs. OOMPA - we love your husbands sense of humor and his caring, concerned attitude . We want both of you to know we care ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• tula
    tula

So is your wife going to start posting, too?

Will you be setting up an account for her?

Seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon in two's these days.

Door of this ark is still open, I guess.

• oompa
    oompa

tula....i hope i can get her to be a lurker....she would not post for ages........................oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To answer the donation question, we support the site by clicking on the advertisements. If you see an advertisement that you are curious about and click onto it, this site gets a portion of the revenue from Google (which puts the ads on the site). If we buy something from those advertisements, that also helps keep this forum afloat (like when I bought some Christmas candles from an advertisement on this board). Doing that is our "donation" to this forum.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I am so glad to hear about your wife Oompa, I hope she reads here more often...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit