Did the word "persecution" scare you as a kid?

by journey-on 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

No, it scared me as an adult

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Oh yes. I used to think in the persecution in bed some nights when I was a kid. I imagined my family being tortured in front of my eyes. I used to cry in silence. I was sure that it would happen soon.

Not funny

• myababes
    myababes

When I was about 9 or 10 we had been studying the revelation book. My best friend at the time woke up in the middle of the night after a chapter studying the 7 headed wild beast. She had had a vivid night mare of this beast being in her bedroom and when she woke up thought it was real. She actually opened her bedroom window and climbed out tried to get down the drainpipe and fell and broke her ankle but still ran down the street in her nightie screaming thee was a wild beast in her room and had to be brought back by a neighbour who heard her screaming in the street. The scary thing was her 6 month old sister was asleep in her room and she was going to jump with her but had second thoughts thank goodness

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I think the difference is the way JWs make THE PERSECUTION personal to them alone.

Yes, and don't forget, you can keep from going to hell by being "good". Being good is exactly what we were to going to be persectued for!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Growing up during the cuban missle crisis and air raids going off all the time and all the wac Tower armegeddon bullshxt, I developed a pretty good case of paranoia back in the 60's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit