If Your Aged Parent Asked U Not To Give Them Blood, Would U Agree?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Absolutely. It's THEIR decision to make, whether it's right or wrong..

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I believe it's about the quality of life, not the quantity. My parents were not witnesses, so I would make a decision based on the specific circumstance.

If they were witnesses, the answer would be a resounding NO. If they survived, they would shun you and they would still be here and not in the promised land.

Yes it is sad that I would make different decisions based on their faith, though.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

absolutly.i think that you get what you give,and id expect that my wishes,final or otherwise,would be honored...

• parakeet
    parakeet

Minimus wrote: "But would you give them blood by decieving them into thinking you wouldn't?"

Sure, whatever it takes. These are human LIVES we're talking about, and not just any lives -- our parents' lives. You know, the ones who gave us life and raised us (misguidedly, true, but here we are).

By saving their lives with a transfusion (by fair means or foul), I'd have a win-win outcome. They would incur no retaliatory wrath from the WTS because they didn't make the decision, and I would have living, albeit furious, parents. It's a no-brainer.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well it's a tough one and there isn't a right answer, but I would honor my mother's decision because I would want my choices honored. In fact, my mother has already died, so the issue won't come up for me.

• minimus
    minimus

I disagree with a lot of personal decisions that others might make, but it isn't MY place to act as God.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

if they are sound mentally...it's their call. I'd not force blood any sooner than I'd allow someone else to refuse it for me.

~Hill

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, I do honor their wishes. They've had their whole lifetime to figure out the BS of the Craptower, and have not done so.

Then, I'd sue the WT for coercion and misrepresentation after their death, provided personal & legal circumstances were in my favor.

Skeeter

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes,

Their request is their right.

I would never disrepect my parents' wishes.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit