If Your Aged Parent Asked U Not To Give Them Blood, Would U Agree?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Be honest. If your JW parent trusted you to comply with their wishes, would you honor their request?

• DJK
    DJK

Yes. I'll respect their (possibly) final wishes because I expect my final wishes to be respected.

• PEC
    PEC

Hell no, I would have them given blood, even if they didn't need it.

Philip

• BFD
    BFD

Before or after I get to see the will?

BFD

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Absolutely! If I want my friends and family to respect my wishes, whatever they may be, I need to respect theirs...point blank.

• dinah
    dinah

I would respect my Mom's wishes. She has given me so much support in the last 20 years past Jdubdom. She doesn't understand me, and I don't understand her, but we love each other. She's my Mom. She looked at me the same way I look at my children now, with love that never dies.

The emotional trauma that a die-hard dub would face would be devastating. Even if the blood prolonged their life, they would just give up and die probably. I would just respect her position and pray really hard.

• minimus
    minimus

I surely would keep my word and not give blood to my JW mom. I know that it could cost her her life but if I gave my word to her (which I did), I wouldn't go back on it.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I would, yes. In fact, I thought long and hard about this earlier this year when my dad was going to have a very dangerous surgery based in his neck right next to his corotid (sp?) artery. He actually had difficulty finding a doctor who would agree to do it since he wouldn't take blood. I knew it was unlikely since he had filled out all the paperwork beforehand, but I did take the time to think about where I would stand if by some odd fluke they came and asked me to give permission to give him blood.

My dad is an adult, it is his body and his health. I may not agree with his decision, but it *is* his decision to make. It would be hard, but I would turn down blood for him if asked because I know that's what he would want.

Now, if my nephew was in the hospital and his parents weren't there to ask and the hospital staff asked me? Absolutely I would give him blood. He's only 3 and to deny him, or anyone, blood that is needed to sustain life before the age of 18 is criminal, in my opinion.

Jackie

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I would respect her wishes. It would be too devastating to her if I did not.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I would respect my parents wishes. Competent adults have rights over what is done to their bodies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit