That's It, I'm Talking Right Now, seriously, I'm on my cell phone right now

by cognac 78 Replies latest jw friends

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I just want to say hi to Cognac and hi to her friend! And that I have been following this story and am amazed at its details!

You are very brave, and impulsive, like me, Cognac! I faded except my family knows how I feel. So, I faded from the rest of the JW's. My family is too afraid of the shame it will have on their family if they were to tell on me, so they don't tell on me. They just don't much talk to me to make up for their guilty consciences, I suppose. But if I were DF'd it would be worse, so I'll take what I can get. I moved far far away from where I grew up and enjoy relative peace as a result. It's a hard life though, but so much better than being a JW! Oh, and I was once a believer, a 100% believer, Cognac, so I'm not just talking crazy apostate talk at ya.

But of course, reading through your journey on here thus far, you already know that.

So, like I originally said, WELCOME.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Cognac, Honey,

We might visit a borne again church together...

I say GO FOR IT! Visit a lot of churches. Watch a lot of Christian TV! Find out what is out there. That is what I did when I first got out. Since I was a witness all my life, I needed to see if all the people who went to church were "wicked hypocrites". Found out that most every place I went, I found good people. (Not all of them, but a few everywhere) When you go seeking, asking Holy Spirit to guide you, you will enjoy finding out the many things Christians believe and you can sort out what you are able to accept at this point in your life. You will learn more and more as you open up your mind to hear.

May Jehovah bless you in your quest.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

SHE FEELS THE EXACT SAME WAY I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were both shocked!!!!!!!!!! Now we can be eachothers support! I think she is coming over tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly a sign of Jehover's Blessings!!!

• poppers
    poppers
    Just dont jump from one religion, into another - without taking time to breathe and examine.

Very wise words.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow!

• OMG! Now What?
    OMG! Now What?

Hey, cognac, I'm so glad to hear you have a buddy to help you through your issues. I sure wish my friend was on the same page as me. It's so difficult not being able to talk to anyone (jw) about my feelings. The people I have talked to about my feelings and thoughts aren't too familiar with my agonizing separation anxiety and what has caused it since they aren't, never were and never will be a jw. This board is great, but it would be so nice if there was just at least one jw or ex or whatever I could talk to about this instead of reading a board or typing.

I hope it all works out for you guys, both of you. And, please keep us posted on how you progress in your new endeavor to find the real truth.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

alt

Good for you!

Snoozy..

ps..Welcome to the board...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

cognac - excellent news!!

Visiting other churches is always a huge eye opener - I did it when I first left - went to an apostolic church - there were over 1000 people, the worship was like mind blowing - I stayed for about 3 months - opened my eyes to the fact that there are people who really love God and aren't ashamed to show it - aren't afraid to sing out about it. The kingdom hall songs were so boring and lifeless, not these church sessions!!!!!

However I left the church as they have their own set of rules / regulations / traditions. I decided that what was best for me was to find my own path and walk it - I chose to be lead of spirit rather than of man.

Do what is best for you hunny. Here's to having your eyes & heart opened

Love & peace

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    We might visit a borne again church together...

Good for you! Just watch that they're not a cultish type church (you'll get the vibes, I'm sure). There's an ex-JW I know of - she was DFed years ago, still has Christian leanings, but still won't step inside a church, the 'superstition,' perhaps even prejudice, about it inculcated into her as a JW remains.

It was a weird/scary experience when I went into a church at first - I knew in my mind I wouldn't be struck by a Jovian bolt of lightning or get possessed by demons, but my stomach was doing somersaults anyway. The spell is well broken now. So go for it! Go exploring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit