With every breath that I took, I wanted the JWs to be right...

by cognac 38 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Walks to the window -must put head,chest too out !!!! why??? because of Dawg...

Sad that the choices are limited... but they are... and everytime I read I think about all that fornication "mouthy" is committing... it must be true becasue shes being shunned... Remember the reasons Paul the apostate gave for shunning, and I can lay a bet that mouthy does none of them. Yet she had the gall to call it like it is. That got her shunned.

I always use mouthy as an example becasue I know she won't mind, and I'm pretty damn certain shes not a gross sinner. So the price you pay for your honestly... shunning by all you love. Cult, Cult Cult.. this is a cult no doubt...

Sorry Mouthy... you're just the perfect example.
    WELL What a wonderful thing to say ((((HUGS))) Thanks !!!!!

• changeling
    changeling

About "fading": once you're incative (6 months w/o field service) they don't count you any more.

If you go that route you won't be severed from your loved ones.

I myself am a decisive, "burn the bridges" type most of the time. But had I DA'd I'd have lost my daughter and that was unacceptable to me.

As soon as I realized it was all a sham I quit FS cold turkey after 43 years of being an active publisher (since age 4). I began missing meetings and after 7 months just quit going.

The choice is yours, chose carefully.

changeling

• sspo
    sspo

If you have a large family in the "truth" my 2 cents is do a fade. You might even help someone as you are able to talk to them

Once you DA, no one will touch you with a ten foot pole.

I have family that DA themselves and they lost it all and told me a fade would have been much better.

Tough decision to make, take your time before you decide.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At this point, the best thing you can do is continue researching the organization. Yes, it will pxxx you off even more. But, you will be exposed to the additional lies that have been committed in the name of God. At that, by a religion that prides itself in bashing the other religions that seem to do the same.

You are going to face some major problems trying to get out, either way. You can (1) stay in, hoping to avoid the hounding and appear righteous, but you will have to play by their rules in the process and will likely be looked at suspiciously for every little thing you do "wrong". Or (2) fade out. You will have to appear to be struggling, and attend fewer meetings with time. Of course, they will hound you, and if that "local(??)" needs part was really organization wide, missing even one meeting will bring the hounders down on you. Both of these courses will still allow you to continue contact with family, unless they "mark" you because they want ever more out of you.

Or, (3) you could bite the bullet and disassociate yourself. Doing this is a major step, and will cut off the hounding. The price you pay is that you lose any family and "friends" that are in, and they create lots of friction in marriages where one is in and the other is out. You might even wait a while before playing that card. Beware that walking out on a meeting could easily lead to houndings that could get you disfellowshipped (and that's worse if they feel they can hold family hostage).

Each course has its benefits and drawbacks. Staying in will subdue the houndings, but you will have to follow the rules and spend time in field circus each month (and you will still be counted as one of them). And you will have to pretend to believe everything they say, even to your family members (who are programmed to rat you out if you confess to not believe everything). Plus, the longer you wait, the harder it is going to be to fade later or when you do decide to disassociate.

Fading may be best, at least for now. Immediately stop accepting new "privileges", and start cutting back on meetings and field circus. As long as you are going out, you will still be counted as one of them. Once you become totally inactive (and they do not put in fake time slips in your behalf to appease the hounder-hounder), you will no longer count as a publisher. You will, however, be counted as a member, albeit inactive, and probably a target for a hounding call years down the road. For now, this might be the best course to take while you continue doing other research. When the time is right, and if you can get most of your family our, you might find it worthwhile to disassociate.

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

Iam feeling you, i feel the same way

• justhuman
    justhuman

You are not the only one that feels that way. Specially when you realize tha WT is just a cult and a false prophet.

Unfortunately most of us that left have broken families, divorced,shunned, not allowed by the WT to continue having our life with our family and friends.

The price is high but this is the role of the cults. DESTROYING LIVES

Pray to Jesus, ask for help, there are many in this forum that have been trought the same situation like you, including my self. So there are able to help you

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Fade, fade, fade!!!

Why should you follow their rules and DA-yourself?

Actually, DA-ing yourself will keep you connected to their rules for your liftime... A good fader slips away

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Cognac, Your situation is exactly mine! I am daily faced with the same two choices, and go through the "dialog" I despedrately want to have with my husband and my newly divorced son (yes, his ex was a witness - they have two sons 9 & 6, my beloved grandsons whom I will not see if I say anything.) I continually research and study the reasons and proofs for my new-found lack of faith so as to be absolutely accurate when I actually do have this conversation. I am biding my time, waiting for the chapter in the Rev. book on the UN, at which time I plan to show my husband the affiliation the WTS had with it for 10 years. He already knows about my position on the changes in the blood doctrine. (He encouraged my to go to the elders, I did, they didn't get the point at all, and told me to write to the WTS. I did that,too. I was assured by my elders I would get a loving letter back from them. Well, guess what?? They had a rep. call my po and set up a meeting with me. My husband got scared, so I promised I would back off. I sat in my home with the two "shepherds" counseling me on obedience even when we don't understand. But when they left, my husband did say "They didn't answer your question!" However, his final statement to me was "The hope is wonderful, the people are good, and that's all good enough for me - end of story!")

So I truly empathize with you on this awful prospect of either being a total outcast from everyone whom I love (I have a huge witness family) or suffering at the meetings in silence. I know how hard this is. I have quit the "school" two years ago, and for the last 6 month have not reported any time in fs. They have stopped asking me for time. (Whew! what a relief that is.) So, I guess I have faded to a somewhat bearable point. No one of my witness chums call, or write, but I get some hugs and "nice to see you" greetings at the kh, so they seem to be leaving me alone for now.

Hope this helps a little to know you are NOT alone!

Cynisister

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

"There's no graceful way to leave Watchtower-world, especially if you're in a high profile position."

And actually, it does not matter if you are in a high profile position or not, it is not easy to do. My heart goes out to you in your situation. Mine was so much easier due to the fact that my husband was never a witness and my sons were also not witnesses. I do have extended family who are hard-core witnesses and it was frightening to me for a long time to think of facing them regarding my decision to leave. But it truly does become easier with time. I used to be frightened at the thought of elders showing up at my door, but no longer.

Recently my mother asked me when I was coming back to the truth. I told her that I did not regard the Jehovah's witness religion to be the truth and that I had no intention of ever coming back. It was a lot easier to do than I ever thought it would be and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. As yet, there has been no fall out from it. I am not being shunned and no elders have shown up at my door. But the best part was that I was no longer afraid to say this to her. It comes with time and feeling solidy assured that Jehovah's witnesses are wrong. And if the fall out comes and has just not hit me yet, I feel it will be so freeing for me. I will no longer feel a need to hide anything I do from anyone.

The best thing to do is to keep yourself reminded of why they are wrong. Keep seeking information that helps you to see incontrovertibly that the Watchtower organization is wrong. Build up your associations and friendships here on JWD. Find new friends in your personal life who are not JW's. Get a support base. Hopefully, your husband will eventually follow along with you, but even if he does not, you need whatever it takes to have a support system and strength.

Best wishes,

Mimimimi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit