Laugh and the world laughs with you.

by Abandoned 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

It was a no lose situation. You feel better, she felt better.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Abandoned: I just said the very same thing - there is not enough kindness in this world. I'm not a fan of people that complain for the sake of complaining - you can usually spot them - they are just not happy with anything and I agree it may stem from something that they are feeling about themselves, so I do try give them the benefit of the doubt.

The friends / collegues / family know that I am here with big shoulders - because there will come a time when I'm going to need someone to lean on. If people genuinely need to complain / whine about something they must - it's healthy to get stuff off your chest, plus talking about it could help you find the solution.

People that need that are desperate for that attention (like the girl you mentioned - real or not..) and get ignored just feel worse and worse - can you imagine what one little act of kindess would do for a person like that - man they could blossom.

We all want people to like us, need us, love us....that was one thing that the JWs lacked - genuine love and kindness - I saw it so many times - they wouldn't want to work with so and so on the field or they didn't want to give a lift to that old brother/sister - do you know how those dear lil sisters used to beam when youngsters spoke to them.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Abandoned, I think you might find this website a pleasure. I was listening to the discussion given there and was moved with such emotin for the way the discuss the benefit of displaying tenderness and compassion for people in distress, that I feel I was truly able to reach a part of God that I haven't been able to in ages.

http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/wisdomoftenderness/index.shtml

• changeling
    changeling

Random acts of kindness benefit the giver as well as the recipient.

changeling

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Random acts of kindness benefit the giver as well as the recipient.

Definitely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit