Advice Please

by mouthy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Grace, are your lights still green?

I hope you stick around, I haven't had time to know you better.

I've heard nothing but complaints about Vista. Of course I heard alot of complaints about XP. I still like '98 better, but they have to have something to sell.

Microsoft SUCKS!

• bite me
    bite me

Yes, go with what others said here. Try doing everything with your modem. Unplugging it, maybe leave it out for the day. Did you try pressing the little reset button on the modem. That works sometimes too. The worst you would have to do is reinstall and reset your passwords, but that beats forking out $$$ for a computer that you may not even need. I say do that as a last resort. Be Careful though, some tech people might say you need a new computer just to get you to buy one. Look into all options first.

I wish you the best in that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Grace, are your lights still green? Yes they are .I did what you said & it seems alright at the moment.... I will have to wait till tomorrow when I start it up again Thanks DI(((HUGS)

• mouthy
    mouthy

bite me ! You said >Be Careful though, some tech people might say you need a new computer just to get you to buy one. My computer was not working well awhile ago ,.....my daughter said there was a guy in her church who fixed them

I called & asked how much he charged an hour he said $75.00 an hour. So I had him come...
    I told him I wanted to get JWD line put on the screen so I just went right on it. I then explained all about the WT... He fixed my problem over an hour ...... I had it all bawled up..Asked all about the JW religion gave scriptures to prove they were wrong. Then when he was leaving he charged me $40.oo I said
    " You said $75.00" He said "Well I have learned so much to day it was interesting" He didnt think I needed a new one that was about 8 weeks ago.But I did not consult him on the trouble I had now ....

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh well it all went red again. So I am getting of till tomorrow. I sent all your replies to my daughter .she will come tomorrow & try what some has suggested. I have Rheamatoid Arth & my fingers dont work so well to undo & move the modum etc: around.... but thanks All of you for your replies XX

• dinah
    dinah

That's great about you getting to talk to the church-guy. If I lived closer I would come over and help

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah Grace....red / white / white / red / green. Sorry you having so many problems. Hope it gets sorted soon, would hate for you not to be on here.

And big up to that chap that helped you out - that was kind.

• oompa
    oompa

maybe just go APPLE and be free............oompa

• mouthy
    mouthy

maybe just go APPLE and be free............Mac you mean, ? My friend has that dont like it

Ha!Ha! oompa you thought you would get me all confused >>>>

Thanks all it is white this A.M

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

To more technical minded folks: Could her speakers be buzzing due to stray RF in the ground wires of her electrical system, say from lighting ballasts or heaters running?

Grace, I would reccomend staying with what OS you are familiar with. If you curently use XP, stick with it. I helped my dad and later my grandpa set up their computers, both came with Vista preinstalled. I hated it. I still hate it. My laptop has Xp and I'm used to it.

I think elsewhere posted a thread about Vista SP1 due out in February. I don't remember the details.

Good luck Grace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit