Hillary Takes New Hampshire...........

by AK - Jeff 20 Replies latest social current

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If she gains enough momentum, would you consider voting that way?

I want to see the National Health Care ideas debated and brought to forefront in the US. So if Obama loses steam I actually [gulp] might. God, you would never have heard those words out of me a few weeks back. Another poster and I engaged a bit on this subject and I am re-thinking this.

Two years ago I would have listed myself as pretty far right. Now, I have to label myself at minimum, moderately left.

See? You leave a damned cult - and you might start thinking all over the board. My brain is moving faster than I can keep up.

Jeff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

makes a mockery of polling doesnt it -she was way behind in the polls

• mavie
    mavie

Obama - McCain '08

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Obama - McCain '08

?

It does seem like the Democratic establishment may eventually start pulling for clinton. With around 700+ superdelegates it seems like a good possiblity. Unless Obama really starts to make some huge advancements Hillary the nominee.

While a Clinton nomination may be the most likely, she still has the problem that she is not what a majority of her party wants. Obama is behind mainly because of the many voters turning to candidates that are most likely not going to win (Edwards, Richardson). So while a majority are not voting for Clinton, they arn't unified in their decision and thus may hand of the nomination to Clinton.

So not only will she have the problem that people in her own party are not excited about her, but Republicians really dislike her. She is the weakest choice for the democrats. More than any of the other democrats out there she has the biggest chance of loosing what could possibly be a democratic landslide.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't like Hilary. Won't vote for her no matter WHAT. Would consider Obama, but only if Huckabee (probably) is the R candidate. He is the main one that just turns me off politically. The others I have varying degrees of like/respect for. My son says I sound like Ron Paul sometimes:) I know nothing about him except he reminds me of "Do" that cult leader from the Nike/Flying saucer suicide group a few years back. I probably ought to get over that:)

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    So if Obama loses steam I actually [gulp] might. God, you would never have heard those words out of me a few weeks back.

I wasn't that shocked by the voting last night, but this is SHOCKING!!! LOL!

I must say that you're on the right track, now! I don't agree with Hillary on some issues, but I would really like to see a woman voted in as President. I think she would do a very good job. She is very committed and seems to work hard at whatever she does. It will be interesting to see who ends up getting the nominations.

Swalker

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    but I would really like to see a woman voted in as President.

Any elaborations on this Swalker? Do you mean that you just think it is time for the US to break the gender gap? Or do you believe that a woman might have a better mind than a man for the job? Just curious.

Many countries have been successful with women on the top post - I have always thought that we need to break thru and someday elect a black or a woman - but why is Hillary the best choice for this?

Please, don't misinterpret - some want a woman just for the sake of a woman - I don't find that to be a bad thing, necessarily, but it could be with the wrong woman.

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

I think the reason that she won was primarily that McCain took the majority of the independant voters in New Hampshire. In most states you have to affiliate with a party to vote in a primary. In N.H., independants can voter either Republican or Democrat. Apparently the independents disliked Huckleberry and LDS Boy more than Hillary.

JK

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I truly believe that many times a woman gets more work done than a man. I think this country needs a lot of work done to change and hopefully fix the many problems that we face.

An example that I recently experienced: I bought a new car. Every thing in that dealership was run by men. The GM, the accountant, the CSM were all men. You would not believe the mess I went through to get my car. I actually had to call around different dealerships to find the car I wanted and had to hook up the dealership I traded with and the dealership that had the car.

After going through all that ( it took 2 weeks to get my car) I sat there trying to figure out what was wrong...it dawned on me that they needed a professional woman on board.

Whereas Bill Clinton, an incredibly intelligent man, seemed occupied at times with other things than running the country, I see Hillary actually rolling her sleeves up and getting down to business.

Swalker

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I would vote for anybody who has Jesus in their Heart, Moses in their underpants and money on the brain. I am after all a patridiot.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit