Is using 10% of our brain just a myth?

by truthseeker 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

So 5go, does this: "Then why do we forget then. It's called mental capacity for a reason." mean that you believe that we get to a point where our brain is full, we've reached our mental capacity, and nothing more goes in or is remembered???

We forget because we don't have total recall. Imagine what chaos there would be if we really remembered everything. Our minds would just be overrun with tons of useless crap. Forgetting has nothing to do with the capacity of our brain to think, learn and remember. The idea that our brains have a capacity, like filling a bucket with water til it is full and just runs over the edges, is absurd.

S4

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What's the big deal? I use the other 80% of my brain all the time! LOL.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Us using only 10% of our brain is not something that the WTS just invented. This is actually what was believed from certain scientific studies before. It wasn't until recently that an new study came out stating myths and this one was included, among others.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Good post. I don't have time to read it so I am marking it for later.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The technology of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) has finally put this myth to rest. Researchers can see that all parts of the brain are used although some areas are used for specific tasks. Right brain, left brain theory has also been invalidated by MRI

Cog

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is difficult to disprove that whatever we use our brains for is to support a myth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit