Holy S*** visit tomorrow from the PO

by freeman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

freeman,

mommy / Wendy is right, they will try to sway your wife and children against you. You will be labeled as "detrimental to their spiritual well being" and if she decides to leave you they will back her up. If the po comes alone, he may just want to talk, watch what you say with anyone else in the room, even you family. Any statements made will be used against you, to throw you out of the congregation, and they will use coercion on your family to testify against you.

If on the other hand you trust your family, wife in particular, to support you instead of the WT than by all means have at them. In any event, good luck in your endeavors.

HCM

• JT
    JT

pathofhorns says:

I think you are wasting your time debating or discussing anything with your PO. He is not there to listen to your "deviant viewpoints". If I were you, I wouldn't have him in my home.

What happens to you depends on what you have written in your letter and what you have told people. Start preparing yourself mentally for what is likely to happen and just move on. Don't waste your time imagining you can somehow "get through to them".

###########

Path :

You are 100% correct- too many times I see folks post up here that give advice on how to address the issues that this person has raised and the response of too many merely reflect thier lack of understanding how a High Control group works-

not to dog them per say-

but to call a spade a spade- any former jw who recommends that someone try to "make a point' with a group of elders who are coming to your house due to your "Apostate leanings" in my view is giving bad
    advice- the person on the other hand has failed to seek advice before sending thier letter- i will repost this link where we discussed this subject before-

for all lurkers and those thinking about writing letters, making statements to family or friends that will put the Org in a bad light

PLEASE I BEG YOU ask folks here before you do anything- instead of asking AFTERWARD -- it could save you alot of time and pain

just my 2

-----------
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5574&site=3#66584

One of the most painful things I continue to see here on this forum as well as all the others is that many who want to leave wt simply don't know how to leave and remain "Intact" as it were.
    I recall talking with jw who "Formally Disassociated themselves back in the 70’s and it was not till the 90’s and the net did they finally feel free
    or many who “jump UP” and write a letter off to Mo Larry and Curly (CONGREGATION SERVICE COMMITTEE)
    While I feel there is absolutely nothing wrong with writing a letter for many it is a matter of
    1. Poor timing and
    2. not being prepared for what will follow
    When I read of folks who wrote letters feeling bad or feeling that must “meet” with the elders – to me that means they were not ready AT THAT TIME.

The net is really the answer for all lurkers and those who are thinking about leaving – why not Learn how to leave WT at least somewhat “Intact”
    Before writing a letter be sure to get the Pros and Cons of writing a letter- for me personally I wouldn’t waste the paper or stamp- but I fully understand for those who do – there is no right or wrong – should I send one or not
    But more of a
    1. When should I do this and
    2. How-
    I highly recommend throwing it out here in the forum for suggestions- the reason why is simple
    The avg. jw has so little understanding of the WT Corporate Procedures when it comes to how they deal with folks
    Being Former “Society Man” the rules and policies swallow up the avg. person
    I recall seeing persons who are leaving spend weeks Xeroxing 40=50 pages of copies of wt history to “Let the bro. know why”
    They don’t give a RATS A$$ and once a person comes to understand that then they know how to proceed
    Much like explaining Gravity to a 6 month old baby it means absolutely nothing-
    Also understanding that the avg. Joe blow elder is as much a victim as we were
    What I have seen here on the net is how some of the most condemning folks ( she got low hours can’t be too spiritual)
    ( she can pioneer her hubby make s enough money) etc myself INCLUDED – once we learn the truth about the truth
    we feel so bad about how we treated others when we were in the Org-
    I look back at some of the judicial cases that we handled and being a Society Man I went by the BOOK—
    VERY LITTLE feeling for the “Individual person” GOT TO KEEP THE ORG CLEAN-

SO FOR me know I only hope that all the folks I dealt with in an unloving way can forgive me for it was done out of ignorance and being blinded.
    So for any who want to get out--------- please and I beg of you feel free to ask here on the forum what things you need to consider so when you decided to make your move – you can LEAVE INTACT

JAMES
    "I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question)."

• garybuss
    garybuss

To debate with a believing Jehovah's Witness apologist is like being in a pissing contest with a skunk.

• freeman
    freeman

Sorry to report my friends that after the big buildup (in my mind anyway), there was no meeting with the PO yesterday. It seems he could not make it because his meeting nights got switched due to a DO visit. Also he had to work quite late due to the fact that his ‘janitor’ business really required his presence. We are tentatively rescheduled for next Monday night.

As disappointed as I am in the delay, I’m glad that I was able to convey a new condition about our meeting to my wife and have her pass it on to him. The condition being that I did not want some type of ‘spiritual tag team’ when he does come, i.e. please come alone and we will talk man to man, brother to brother.

I might add how humbling it is to learn that my obviously needed correction will come from the likes of one mentioned in scripture “and a janitor will lead them”, as the good book says. Truly one can see God’s hand in all of this. I will keep you posted.

PS: Thank you all for your advice and cautions; I will be taking much of it with me into battle.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit