Jehovah Witness and honesty

by megaflower 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Megaflower, you might feel really dizzy for the first few days, but try opening your eyes and ears and see what the world is like for yourself. Even children need to get their hands dirty and fall over every now and then to learn how to trust their own senses. All the best.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lady Lee is right..And..My own experience confirms it..........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• bobld
    bobld

In my humble opinion I would trust an outsider over a J.W.The example that you state are a dime a dozen in the world outside wbts.Here are some of my examples, when working if field service and you make a call with an elder/ms/publisher left in your car.They will go thru your belongs why?I have been followed by two sisters who didn't think I knew they were following me why?I had them follow me into a hardware store in their dresses lol.Yeah J.W. are honest slaves to the wbts.

PS:They are not honest with their members when it comes to money.ie donation mags free in usa.not in other countries until later.Hotel rooms for district conventions,Brother work hard to get good rates (bs) just check with any hotel/sales/marketing person and see if you can't get as a good rate..honestly.The list is to long to point out all the dishonestly.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Another example of the Watchtower and honesty is the Tacoma Dome Parking Scandal. Here's a thread discussing it -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/102904/1777569/post.ashx#1777569

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

"Worldly" people are not only honest but beautifull as well. Some examples:

My sister was sitting on a bench in the city. A bearded man came up to her and said "You look like you could do with some cheering up." He handed her a $100 with a little smile and walked away. This meant a lot to her as she was dead broke at the time.

A while ago I lost my wallet with all of my money cards and all, a nice person called and returnd it to me intact.

A friend recently left her basket at the Carols by Candlelight. Some people took it home and left a notice on the local notice board, we were able to pick it up for her.

My friend was stuck in thailand, she had missed her flight by 1 minute and had no money for food or a place to sleep. She was crying on the phone to her mum. A stranger heard her and gave her enough money for food and accomadation for the night.

My sons bedroom caught on fire and was smoke damaged, all of my friends came over unasked and brought paint and brushes and repainted the room.

Our workshop, completely burned to the ground, lost all tools and means of livelyhood. Uninsured. Our friends organised a community fundraiser and raised us enough money to replace everything we had lost.

The WORLD truly is a beautifull place.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Turning in a wallet is not an act that should be showcased. As far as I know, if you find $20 or more and can reasonably identify who it belongs to, you are supposed to make reasonable efforts to find and contact that person and return it. You are also supposed to turn in such money to appropriate authorities, and wait a reasonable amount of time before claiming found money. If no one comes forth and claims the money, it is yours. So, they did nothing out of the ordinary by returning the wallets. They were, for a change, obeying the law.

Returning lost money is one thing. However, they do lie a lot. They sabotage a person's ability to fulfill dreams behind their backs and then lie about it. They order the person to lie about being happy, and even to look and act it, just to get out of correcting the problems leading to unhappiness. They order abused spouses and children to lie about the abuse. They lie in court. They lie about the blood issue, stating it as a conscience matter in court, to get recognized, and then disfellowship people for taking blood. They lie about it being the best way of living. They lie about its being a blessing to quit work or school and go out in field circus. They lie about field circus being enjoyable (well, then why are so many consistently 15 minutes or more late, take 15 minutes to leave the group, and take so many coffee breaks?).

One thing you will not find is fully integrated honesty in the Watchtower Society. They make so many mistakes, and then tell people it's the fault of the members. Fake reports and fake experiences are the norm. If I were to go on stage at a Grand Boasting Session with a part, and instead of sticking to the script I did it with fully integrated honesty, there is a good chance I would be cut off and hauled off into the back room for a hounding or two. It is blatantly obvious that they cannot afford fully integrated honesty, or anyone that commits the "sin" of fully integrated honesty, to be part of the organization.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

JWs are dishonest in ways that are very devious, especially since they don't see themselves as dishonest. I found out that there are many lovely, ethical, decent people in the world. Business experiences with JWs haven't been good - would avoid doing business with a JW.

• Shazard
    Shazard

I will try to respond with joke.

Question: How it comes that dolphins are so smart? We hav heard so meny stories when ppl are saved from drawning when dolphins push them to the coast
    Answer: Well, we never get reports from those who are pushed off shore by the same dolphins!

• avengers
    avengers
    Jehovah's people are the most honest in all the earth.

That's a lie right there!

• steve2
    steve2

I used to think the following: Not only are JWs honest but they are more honest than other religions. This was never explicitly stated in the Watchtower, but it was heavily implied both in print and on platform.

Then it dawned on me: JWs publicly proclaim their "honesty" like pharisees parade their beautiful clothes and Christendom parades its magnificent cathedrals. It's all human vanity and from that perspective, it's all okay.

On the other hand, if humility were the genuinely prized quality over vanity, JWs wouldn't proclaim their "honesty", nor pharisees their religious wear and Christendom its buildings. Doesn't this show how very human we all are?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit