What is your favorite book of all time?

by Abandoned 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'm going to list three, one non-fiction, one fiction, and one series.

My all-time non-fiction favorite is: Dojo Wisdom for Writers by Jennifer Lawler.

My all-time favorite fiction is: She's Come Undoneby Wally Lamb

My all-time favorite series is: The Amber Chronicles by Roger Zelazny

So, what are your favorites?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Non-Fiction: Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan

Fiction: Ring by Stephen Baxter

Series: Hmmm.. I haven't really read any series that I could rate as a favorite. I have quite a few Battletech books. They're OK, but I wouldn't call them great.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A History of the English Speaking Peoples (all 4 volumes but volume 1 is best) Sir Winston S. L Churchill

• js
    js

The Bible of course.......................................................................................................................................................> NOT!

Lord of the Rings rocks!

• flipper
    flipper

ROOTS- By Alex Haley , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Dagney
    Dagney
    A History of the English Speaking Peoples (all 4 volumes but volume 1 is best) Sir Winston S. L Churchill

Oooohh, that's been on my list for the last 15 years. I'll take your post as encouragement to do it.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series by Douglas Adams -- Not sure which book was my favorite, as I tend to read them all one after another.

Non-fiction I enjoyed "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson.

Dave

• poppers
    poppers

Probably The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder- I read them over and over as a child and relished the christmas stories in them!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Cosmos by Carl Sagan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit