What is your favorite word and why?

by Abandoned 55 Replies latest jw friends

• memario
    memario

Banned

cuz after my last post thats probably what's going to happen to me.

mem

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

pussy is my favorite word, I love pleasing ladies.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Blizzard. Why? Because if I heard that word on the weather forecast before the boasting sessions, there was a chance that it would be cancelled for snow. Of course, all too often it was someone else that got the blizzard, or it would be too damn hot (and rain) or fizzle out and we got a dusting. Or the timing was off, and the idiots would have the damn boasting session anyways. That pxxxed me off when it happened.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Mine is Facetious. I like it for a lot of reasons. It rolls off the tongue. It's playful. It's my personality. But it also has an interesting call to fame. It is one of three English words that contain all five vowels, in order.

: So, what's yours?

ALL the words are my favorite. Without them we cannot communicate in this environment.

How about "sequoiah?" It is a 8 letter word with all 5 of the common vowels in it. It is also a great trivia question. Facetious has 4 consonents.

When it comes to favorite words, one of mine is perspecacious, which basically means "smart". "Smart" has 5 letters. Perspecacious has about a million of them. That's not very smart.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I like serendipity also

Not looking for anything in particular and finding something wonderful. Sort of like meeting your future ex-wife!

:Onomatopoeia is a good one - only because I know what it means.

Isn't that when bees make a BZZZZ sound? I forget. It was a hundred years ago when I heard that one.

I still remember how to pronounce it, though.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sigh.

:osculate

"Kiss" has four letters and means the same thing. Why use a 25 cent word when a 3 cent word works as well? It is ostentacious and overtly loquacious as well. Not to mention the fact that it is a bit of pedantry, too.

Farkel, of the keep it simple CLASS(tm)

• wednesday
    wednesday

Epiphany

It sounds so much more sophisticated than Revelation, which is what i normally would say.

• poppers
    poppers

Hortensia and Awake and Watching I love the Huntington Library, too. The first time I was there in 1980 I sat transfixed in front of the painting "Pinkie" by Sir Thomas Lawrence, which faced "The Blue Boy" on the opposite wall of the art gallery. On my second and last visit in 1984 I was given a personal tour of the rose garden by the head gardener - what an amazing experience and all around facility. I urge anyone who gets to San Marino, California (near Pasadena) to go there.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Disputatious - because it fits

Main Entry: dis·pu·ta·tious
    Function:adjective
    Pronunciation: -sh&s
    1 a: inclined to dispute b: marked by disputation
    2: provoking debate : CONTROVERSIAL

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    "Kiss" has four letters and means the same thing. Why use a 25 cent word when a 3 cent word works as well? It is ostentacious and overtly loquacious as well. Not to mention the fact that it is a bit of pedantry, too.

I think you mean "showy" and "wordy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit