sad start to our new years.....

by Alana 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

It was a sad start to our new years. First a girl in my daughters class was killed in a housefire here in our small town. Another classmate was killed (as I think I may have posted previously) in a car wreck on Halloween...so two classmates in two months.

Then if that wasn't bad enough, on New Years Eve, after going to the doctor as I was sick, I got home and pulled into our lane and got out to get our mail. As I was getting back into my car, a minivan passed by and I heard a huge "thud". I looked to see what happened and didn't see anything and the minivan kept going. So, I drove on up to the house. My dogs didn't run to meet me. Sophie, the collie, did show up when I called her, but no Gunner. I went in the house and I told my daughter about the strange 'thud' and she grabbed my keys and said Gunner was outside and she drove like a maniac to the end of our lane. I heard her scream and knew the worst had happened.

He is now buried on the hill in our pasture, along side his furry brother, Remington, our beagle who passed away July 2006. Gunner and Remy are together again chasing squirrels, tormenting cats, and getting into the trash. :-) Please keep us in your thoughts, as it's going to be a sad New Years this year for us.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A song about a dog that was washed out to sea. It's a fictitious dog, but I can't hear the song without crying. My brother died when this song was popular, so it makes me think of him and the emotions of the time. If you haven't heard it, try this and see if it doesn't help you tear up, which is like taking a tranquilizer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2UfzEbh0jE

Shannon

by

Henry Gross

Another day's at end
    Mama says she's tired again
    No one can even begin to tell her
    I hardly know what to say
    But maybe it's better that way
    If Pop-pa were here I'm sure he'd tell her

Shannon, is gone I heard
    She's drifting out to sea
    She always loved to swim away
    Maybe she'll find an island with a shaded tree
    Just like the one in our backyard

Mama tries hard to pretend
    That things will get better again
    Somehow she's keepin' it all inside her
    But finally the tears fill our eyes
    And I know that somewhere tonight
    She knows how much we really miss her

Shannon, is gone I heard
    She's drifting out to sea
    She always loved to swim away
    Maybe she'll find an island
    With a shaded tree
    Just like the one in our back yard
    Ah, just like the one in our back yard
    Ah....
    Just like the one in our back yard

• flipper
    flipper

ALANA- I am so sorry these sad things have happened in your life. My wife and I lost 2 cats to coyotes here in the Sierra mountains in California this last summer, and just made us sick. My wife still gets very sad over it still. May you have comfort my friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• erynw
    erynw

I am so very sorry for your loss.

• changeling
    changeling

That's awful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please have a better rest of the year!

changeling

• Purza
    Purza

That hurts my heart. I am so sorry for the loss of Gunner.

Purza

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry to read this...Hope things get better in the coming days. It is so hard to lose a loved one weather animal or human ((((HUGSS))

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If you have some time, would you like to tell us all here about your friend. I think I (we) would like to hear all about your friends life. Bill.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Alana, all I can see is a red x where you have posted Gunner's picture. Could you use the paper clip feature to post his pic for us?

• JK666
    JK666

I am sorry about your loss. I have had animals killed that way, and it is never easy. I have also been the one to hit and kill a dog before, either way it is terrible.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit