Did you dedicate yourself to Jehovah before you baptism?

by outofthebox 20 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I didn't!

I didn't even know I was supposed to.

Does that mean my baptism is invalid and I am not a JW?... if only.

-ootb

• changeling
    changeling

Yes, I prayed to him will jumping up and down on my parent's bed and watching Neil Armstrong land on the moon (July 20, 1969)

Do you think it "took"?

changelinf

• oompa
    oompa

what was that and where is the record.....................oompa

and sorry but NO......I just got dunked cause my friends were

• Purza
    Purza

I never really knew what it meant to "dedicate" myself. I mean, didn't baptism show that I wanted to be a JW?

I just got dunked along with 5 of my friends on the same day. Then we had a big party.

Purza

• Cc81
    Cc81

ahhh.. i got baptized at age 15 with my best friend too.....

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

I remember that I prayed... Because I was told to do so!

I was 17 years old, and most of my friends were babtized already... Peer pressure kicked in!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I basically faked it. And, from the results I got, it didn't matter. Jehovah was willing to take the service, but He was not willing to do anything to make me happy or fulfilled. In fact, to this day He has set me up for the crap assignments, ultimately (since He can no longer use fraud or mere coercion) to use force to get 50 or more assignments to do His own damn work.

At any rate, any dedication to Jehovah has been permanently revoked.

• Gregor
    Gregor

At 11 yrs old? Not hardly.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nope. Couldn't figure out how that worked at 12. Same for me, much pressure to baptize and I gave in.

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

Nope. Pressure from congregation and from a particular cousin, and also because my best friend at the time was getting baptized too. We did so on the same District Assembly. Man, why did I? Sheesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit