How old were you when baptized as a JW?

by Serg 69 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

14 in 1971. I wanted to pioneer. I truely believed. F*&K THEM for stealing my life.

• Farkel
    Farkel

12 in 1960. I knew exactly what I was getting into: that baptism would give me a magic shield from being destroyed at Armageddon(tm).

That's why I did it. I needed that magic shield. For protection. God would fuck me up without that magic shield, so I got one.

Well, Armageddon didn't happen as planned, so my magic shield didn't protect me as I thought it would. But I was sucked into a sewer of religious insanity, and my magic shield, which was supposed to protect me, turned out to be my enemy.

There was NO Armageddon, no need for my magic shield, but they now OWNED me and my magic shield could no longer protect me from THEM.

Farkel

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

14 , 15 or 16 can't remember

• stillajwexelder
  • changeling
    changeling

changeling

• Layla33
    Layla33

Oh I love this question, I was 16, I think. I have tried to block this entire time out of my life. Haha.

I so remember it now, it's all coming back. If I only knew what I was getting into, I would have never done it. I did it because it was expected of me, a natural step, even when I had nagging questions about it. There was a lot of battling in my family with some of the congregation and I did it to make a stand, which in itself was stupid.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My dad decided it was time when I was 13.

momz

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

15 I think. Totally didn't know what I doing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

youngest I allowed anyone to get baptized when I was an elder was 15 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit