Things that are really bad.

by joelbear69 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    "we are all imperfect"

I hated hearing this from the platform all the time. Its like this 'imperfect' thing is a licence for the org to justify inexcusable behavoiur including shielding pedophiles, constant changes of doctrine etc etc

• Maddie
    Maddie

I got to agree with Gopher about the WT leaders being just like the Pharisees in the Bible. Amazing how they criticise the Pharisees but are doing exactly the same the hypocrites!

Maddie

• wednesday
    wednesday

joelbear

well said, the problem in a nutshell. lack of true love. rules and legal stuff. nothing to do with love.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes they focus too much on the wrong things as bad. It is bad to them to celebrate Christmas (I did it anyway, to the best of my ability). It is bad to listen to rap music (of which I have a computer full). It is bad to have independent thinking (I have three big, expensive books and belong to one of those "secret societies" that stresses independent thinking and full integrations of thought, which would not be possible to maintain a cult and focus on). It is bad to have a Ouija board--I bought one, at that on the day of the 2006 Crapmorial. It is bad to skip meetings except for Fever, Fracture, or Funeral (I haven't been to a meeting since the 2005 Crapmorial). It is bad to choose a motel not on the list for the Grand Boasting Session (I haven't even been to one since 2001).

However, the things that are bad are what they practice. They silence pedophile victims with coercion. They initiate fraud to get people into the trap. They use death threats (D.E.A.D.) to keep children out of college. They keep sounding the Armageddon alarm, and it is no closer now than it was in 1975. They defraud people into donating money into a scam, part of which protects pedophiles. They bother people in the territory and threaten their lives unless they join. They coerce people to stay. They purge legitimate entertainment and stop children from ever having any fun.

I see only two rules. (1) Any volitionally chosen act that is beneficial for self or society is good and (2) Any volitionally chosen act that is harmful for self or society is bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit