Post-Cult Recovery

by Maddie 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing the info Maddie ! I was relieved to note that "projectile vomiting" and "Tourette's Syndrome" were not included on the list.

Seriously, although the things listed can be painful after-effects, it really helps to see such things documented. I suffered from severe depression for many years before treatment and reading many books on the subject. I still have the depression, but now that I can recognize the symptoms, I relate them to the medical condition rather than some personal flaw or weakness. Of course, the depression is undoubtedly bOrg related. But, at least I can recognize things for what they are. I don't view this as my personal fault. I can quickly dismiss feelings of guilt when they arise. I see it as a situation I have found myself in, and will soon remedy things one at a time as I'm able. Recognizing effects/after-effects like this helps me view things objectively, cope with the issues, keeps me in rather good spirits, and helps me be empathetic toward others.

Okay, maybe this explanation sounds kinda dumb, some things are tricky to put into words. And I really have had only one shot of Bailey's... wealllly.

Billy

• flipper
    flipper

Hey MADDIE- Mr. Flipper here. I know you have gone through a lot. Great thread by you sis ! It helps others to see what they are going through so as to understand it as well. I have found that I have developed much more authentic and real relationships here on the board than the " conditional" relationships as a witness . It is really cool. I enjoy your posts and threads . Keep the good work up sis ! You will make it fine

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Very informative and encouraging information Maddie thank you

This is exactly what people need to read and take in after recently leaving

• Maddie
    Maddie

Mr. Flipper - It helps others to see what they are going through so as to understand it as well Thank you, I think if people know that they are not alone in having these problems it helps too. The anger directed towards oneself is something that I do at times.

Billy the Ex-Bethelite - I still have the depression, but now that I can recognize the symptoms, I relate them to the medical condition rather than some personal flaw or weakness I beat myself up for years feeling that I am flawed and a bad person. I know differently now but I can still go into that mode of thinking when I am depressed.

Homerova - Thank you, I'm pleased you think my post is beneficial

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit