Trusting The Authorities

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you believe that the authorities should always be trusted?

In some big cities, it is not uncommon for some police to be crooked. Some cops are known to pull over minorities simply because of prejudice.

In Atlantic City, a mayor almost always in under indictment for bribery or some shady dealings.

In Florida, it is being reported today in the news that the Fire Chief snapped pics of a young woman in a horrific accident. this woman's breasts were exposed. he sent the pictures via the internet to other firefighters and others! He has been suspended.

If you can't trust your police, fire officials and community leaders, who can you trust???

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If you can't trust your police, fire officials and community leaders, who can you trust???

No one.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I have to agree with Burn the Ships here. but i guess I have the cynical view because i live in a country where you constantly see crookedness and corrupt behavior. Many foreigners who come are way too trusting and end up conned. I don not trust police, the judicial system, etc here.. Firefighters might be the exception to the rule here since they work on a voluntary basis and recieve nothing. They are usually very devoted kind people.

• minimus
    minimus

Where do you live???

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Goodday!You are the lighthouse, I trust you.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I believe it is true that power corrupts. We have to trust them because of the services they provide which like the Police and Fire Service are essential. There will always be those that abuse their positions unfortunately so I suppose its a case of taking the good with the bad.

Maddie

• minimus
    minimus

You can trust me but I'm no lighthouse.

We were taught as kids that we should always trust certain people. We see how priests, teachers, and others in positions can take advantage of people. Sad.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Or you could be a JW and trust no one but the borg org. That would be fun looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life. What a great alternative.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

My $.02 :-)

People are people no matter what title they may hold. In every situation, quite possibly the best thing to trust is what people call 'your gut'. Your gut will tell you if that particular individual with that title is worthy of being trusted in that moment.

Smiles

but that's just my $.02

• Gopher
    Gopher

My $.02 :-)

People are people no matter what title they may hold. In every situation, quite possibly the best thing to trust is what people call 'your gut'. Your gut will tell you if that particular individual with that title is worthy of being trusted in that moment.

Smiles

but that's just my $.02

I believe you !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit