Pleiadian Space God? Say it isn't so!

by kurtbethel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Were these guys writing science fiction a century ago?

Is Elron Hubbard a latecomer in the biz?

Pleiadian Space God

• Gopher
    Gopher

There's been new light. Jehovah told Rutherford where he lived back in 1928, but the Lord changed his mind and doesn't live there any longer.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

"To just what stars or star groups these names refer we do not know today. Hence it is useless to indulge in unprofitable speculations. Incidentally, Pleiades can no longer be considered the center of the universe and it would be unwise for us to try to fix God’s throne as being at a particular spot in the universe. Were we to think of the Pleiades as his throne we might improperly view with special veneration that cluster of stars." -Nov 15 1953 WT

Note the reason for the change: Not because God does not have a throne within a particular star cluster, but because we don't know to which star was being referred to (in Job) and if we knew we might improperly venerate that star, and, presumably, be stricken with leprosy.

Also note that "Pleiades can no longer be considered...," proving the officialness of the teaching previously.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well you can say they had very small minds back then and definately behind the times being that they discovered galaxies in the late 1800's and that article in the 1950's. How they could hold on to the beleif that the creator of all the galaxies just like to hang out in the Milky Way and limits his vicinity to a small cluster of stars, for so long is a wounder.

• avengers
    avengers
    "The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve.... It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;...."

" The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared to the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God."

And if you didn't believe it you were guilty of apostacy.

And now if you believe it you're guilty of apostacy.

Pleiades can no longer be considered the center of the universe and it would be unwise for us to try to fix God’s throne as being at a particular spot in the universe.

If they were wrong then, how do we know they're not wrong now?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You have to really give those men credit, they came up with this stuff way before von Daniken and the others popularized the space god theories.

I thought this was pretty neat.

• badboy
    badboy

SO VON DANIKEN WAS A JOHNNY-COME-LATELY WITH HIS THEORY.

DID HE VIOLATE THE WT COPYRIGHT WITH HIS IDEAS?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Ha! That picture is awesome.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the reasoning for beleiving that the supposed creator of everything would need to live somewhere inside his creation, to be very infantile, and very comparable to beleif that Santa Clause rides on a sled that flies driven upward by raindeer with one of them having a bright red nose which Santa uses as a multipurpose headlight to aviod accidents with other aircraft and while trnasversing mountain ranges on snowy moonless nights delivering toys by climbing down chimneys in every house in the world and that the amount and quality of the gifts is determined by each child moral condition(naughty or nice).

Like where did he live before the Big Bang? And after he created everything would he have such a small&humble abode inside the poximity of a minute star cluster within a vast 400,000,000 star galaxy called the Milky Way?, Which galaxy in turn is only a very small part of the universe!

I guess putting Jehovah dwelling place in the same galaxy and close to our solar system, would seem more plausible to the editors of the WT&AW anthropomorphic veiws. That way he could better see what going on on our planet. It would be awful for those with small minds to contemplate that Jehovah lived in some far distant galaxy cluster unseen and unnamed by humans. To such small minds to would be hard to comprehend Scripture that say Jehovahs "eyes are roving about the earth" to reward or punish humans if he lived billions of light years away. I guess that explains why they chose the close to home Pleiadian group of stars.

• alamb
    alamb

I collected all the older publications (gag) and was reading them in service between doors (gag) and an elder told me we weren't allowed to read the older literature. Made me read it more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit