Did you know that NYC can't function without Bethel's Clock?

by fyerstar 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• fyerstar
    fyerstar

Okay, this is the latest crazy email that I've gotten from my sister who is a happy drone within the Borg. I'm trying to imagine Mayor Bloomberg picking up the tab for the clock on the building ... I'm so glad I'm gone

Hi Guys Here is a story told at the annual meeting! You know how the society has been cutting costs, part time help, cutting back on cd's; selling property etc... well, you know the famous WATCHTOWER READ GODS WORD DAILY " sign is on one side of the place,,,, well ,,, on the other side is a sign but also a clock which is lit at night! Well the G.B, decided that >it cost too much in electricity so they decided to turn it off! Now remember , this has been lit since forever as far as bethel goes. Well they got inundated with phone calls and Emails telling them that the clock was dark and the lights were out, The brothers would politely answer that yes they understood but that they are cutting costs so decided to turn it off.

WELL..... the MAYORS office eventually phoned and said that THEY were inundated with calls objecting to the clock being turned off , so when the brothers told them about the cost cutting the mayor said....." We will have a man come over and put a meter on that side and the City will pay for it!!!! .........

WOW talk about a LANDMARK!!!! JEHOVAH is amazing and truly awe inspiring!!

• brinjen
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet

That is probably a urban legend (BS). When I was in borg there was another clock story. This story was when they decided to turn off the clock, people phoned in to complain. Then they got the bright idea to turn the clock back on and then add a reader board sign. This sign had cute messages like " Read the Watchtower and Awake-----God's kingdom is near---------Read the bible daily----------Give us money!-------ETC

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

and for all the little drones this shows how amazing Jehovah is?????

The society is so wealthy, what do they have to cut back on costs for - they hardly pay the missionaires / speacial pioneers anything , all their building labour is covered by their brothers for free, they have slaves working at bethel for next to nothing - they rolling in the money.

and what does a clock have to do with god??????????

oh they'll believe anything.

• KW13
    KW13

how is this awe inspiring lmao, its a clock...is he was so awe inspiring couldnt he just let em power it themselves, instead they are relying on satans system to power their clock lol.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yeah, really awe inspiring (excuse me ) had it been anyone else's clock, people would have never cared...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Urban Legend without doubt

• Sunnygal41
  • Uzzah
    Uzzah

While I was still active and serving at Bethel, I was seconded to Crooklyn for three months from Canada. One Saturday afternoon I took the Staten Island Ferry (cheapest tourist thing to do) and I overhead some people.

It was a simple conversation, 'Does anyone know what time it is?' The people all fumbled to see if they had a watch on, but some kid said, "Well Watchtower time is 4:45 (or whatever it was)"

"Watchtower time?"

"I think that is the American version of Bulova watches."

Not one person mentioned it was Jehovah's Witnesses or anything religious at all. So yeah what a huge fine outstanding witness that clock is on the walls of the publishing company. Awesome indeed. Though the clock has a better record for accuracy than does the Watchtower itself.

Uzzah

• chickpea
    chickpea

THIS is about jehovah's greatness?????? a clock??????

seriously,jehovah... you are gonna have to step it up here..... maybe after the clock you can sorta check in darfur? they need more literature.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit