What do JW's do to help the poor & needy at this time of year, or ever?

by Must obey! 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    This used to always bug me. The argument is that the Kingdom will solve these problems

I totally agree! Never quite understood the logic of preaching to someone who was hungry, and not doing anything to help out their situation.

J-Dubs don't build schools, or hospitals, yet still they go to these institutions making specialized demands.

• tula
    tula

The JWs I know make fun of the other groups that help people this time of year.

They say things like "Look at that pretense. That group thinks that the hungry and homeless only need a turkey dinner once a year. That will solve the world's problems. Just give them a nice turkey dinner and send them back out to the streets!"

The JWs I know say those groups who give the food pkgs., dinner and gifts ONCE A YEAR are only assuaging their own guilt so they can enjoy their own holidays. They say what the org. is doing for people is giving them hope in their life which no one else can do. The message for a resurrection hope...blah blah blah. Which is a greater gift than a turkey dinner and a toy train.

Baloney, I say. And I read them the scripture:

matthew 25: 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

But they still don't seem to get it. It's like they have a mind block.

So, basically, what the JWs do to help the poor and needy at this time or any time is NOTHING. But yet they put down and criticize those who DO try to help others.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Yes Tula, to do more , one must do nothing-at least nothing that would cost money that my cult needs to purchase more land, and pay for lawsuits.

Last year I donated blood 5 times (maxed out). I did it because people need my help-(yes it also gets my blood checked each time-a benefit for me). We donated some money and food as well.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I forgot to mention that he asked me if I got paid for donating. What a stupid ignorant question! We are in Canada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit