Are scriptures missing from the Bible?

by tika 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Just marking this for future reference....very interesting.

• Perry
    Perry

knight

I think you'll find the NWT to generally follow the NASV and of course to change and omit much more.

Verses "Taken Away" in the New Testament
    T = Taken AwayF = Taken Away in Footnote
    VERSENIVNASVNKJVRSVNRSVNCVLIV
    Matt 12:47FTF
    Matt 17:21TTFTTTF
    Matt 18:11TTFTTTF
    Matt 21:44FTFF
    Matt 23:14TTFTTT
    Mark 7:16TTFTTTT
    Mark 9:44TTFTTTT
    Mark 9:46TTFTTTT
    Mark 11:26TTFTTTT
    Mark 15:28TTFTTTF
    Mark 16:9-20FFFTFFF
    Luke 17:36TTFTTT
    Luke 22:43FFFTF
    Luke 22:44FFFTF
    Luke 23:17TTFTTTT
    Luke 24:12FTF
    Luke 24:40TTF
    John 5:4TTFTTTF
    John 7:53 - 8:11FFTFFF
    Acts 8:37TTFTTTF
    Acts 15:34TTFTTTT
    Acts 24:7TTTTT
    Acts 28:29TTFTTTT
    Rom. 16:24TTFTTT
    2 Cor. 13:14T
    James 1:8TT
  • Perry
    Perry

Here's a nice link directing folks to the uncorrupted Word of God.:

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/fight.html#fight8

• dawg
    dawg

There's always two or more tents to get under whenever you start a thread like this... one tent says God wanted us to have the Bible and thus it was preserved. Others, like myself, know that men were in charge of what ended up being called the bible and thus they included and excluded based on their own whims... that's why many of you correctly pointed out the fact there are many versions of the Bible...one to fit different interpretations.

So to those of you whom always argue that God made sure man had the bible in some sort of spiritaul guided way, why are there so many versions, why so many books left out? ANd you trust the Catholics and the like to answer these questions-to say what is the real word of god? I've seen how men in power twist things to fit an agenda, I was once a JW and have seen this first hand-I doubt the Catholics or anyone else are any different.

I've always said Paul was the first "apostate", yet his teachings are cannonical and way off from what Jesus taught. Paul was a murderer, yet he claimes that Jesus jumped in his head on the road to Damascus... how do we know if this is true? WHat if Paul was simply a murderous nut job fanatic and thus his teachings shouldn't be followed? WHat, we should believe Paul should've been included in the so called "Bible" just becasue the Catholic Church says so, just becasue his own deranged mind caused him to have a vision? WHat a laugh!

I have problems with much more than this that's in the Bible, the Adam and Eve stoty is an outright fabrication, and the flood stroy was stolen from the Sumerians,almost word for word, all you have to do is change the names of the god and the name of Noah to Gilgamesh and its one and the same.

So, if any of you that think otherwise about the Bible, where is your evidence? If you think its Gods word, where can you offer proof? I'd venture to say there is none....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit