Any ATV riders??? What trails do you like to ride?

by babygirl75 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I ride a Praire 700 with 589s, my 20yo rides a 400 sportsman and my10yo rides an eton 90. (avatar) We found the best riding at the Hatfeild McCoy. Having done those trails for 5 years straight. It tends to be the same old terrain. My try Maine this year.

Where I live, Southern NewJersey there are places but its more like a network of friends who know where its safe to ride. The most polluting of the enviroment from what I witness is the Contractor who decides to dump his roof shingles or trash anywhere he pleases. And not subjected to any penelties whatsoever.

But take a atv out for a ride......look out, arrest him, fine him, impound his vehical, an in some cases suspend his drivers license.

Not many if at all atv-ers will go riding with the agenda of dumping there garbage where they ride. Ive seen abandoned cars sumbmerged in water on National Parks. And trash everywhere.Refrigerators hottubs sinks you name it..... Atv-ers I doubt it.

I have about 150 acres to ride on in my back yard with no hassles. Some people just hate anything motorized in the wilderness.

Btw. kudos to West Virginia for having put together one of the best riding experiences in the country. Other states are noticing how successful it has become and the commerce it brings.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Jguy:

There is a trail system not too far from Knoxville called "Royal Blue" other than that I dont know of many oportunities here in Tennessee. Cross the state line into Kentucky and opprtunities abound.

I ve actually rode into Kentucy on my quad from West Va. I'm sure your aware of the trail.

• moshe
    moshe

I bought an Arctic Cat ATV this fall and hope to use it when it dries out this spring. I really want to do the trails out in Utah after I retire.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes Ellderwho, Im very familiar with those trails as they are located in my old stomping grounds. Several more trail systems have opened up in Eastern Kentucky, down around Harlan and Perry County. ATV riding is fun, I wish I had one, and a truck to haul one too.

• toreador
    toreador

My wife and I have two atv's, an eiger and a bear tracker, and we both love to ride but dont find that much time to do so.

Tor

• uninformed
    uninformed

If you guys ever get a chance to really whoop it up, try Colorado, around the Ouray area. Or possibly near Taylor Creek Reservoir, above Gunnison.

We have ridden there for several years. You can take your ATV's up jeep trails to around 13,000 feet. What a view. Lots of people in regular 4 x4's too. We also ride dirt bikes up the jeep trails, what a rush.

Last summer was my first time to ride a two-wheeler up to Imogene Pass. What a thrill. I am 61 and it was really a handful for me. Especially coming down.

We had a 650 cc Grizzly ATV.

Wish you great riding.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit