Any ATV riders??? What trails do you like to ride?

by babygirl75 35 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My husband, son, and I all love riding four wheelers. My husband has an ' 05 Polaris Sportsman, I just bought an '07 Polaris Hawkeye. My son has a 110atv & a 90cc dirtbike (he is 9)

We have a membership to ride on Brown Mountain here in NC, but it is now closed for the wet season. We are planning a trip to ride at Callalantee in Mountain City, TN and spend the weekend there. It is about 1 1/2 hr from where we live. I've heard that you never ride the same trails twice and that it is gorgeous with all the wildlife at the top of the moutain. Has anywone ever been there? What other trails would you recommend?

• Mincan
    Mincan

I had access to an ATV many years ago when I was about 12/13. I just would make it go full speed for as long as I could be allowed to ride it. The dopamine release was great. Eventually I didn't care about riding fuel powered machines... which helped since I'm poor and couldn't use them anyway.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I go out in nature for peace and quiet. I walk the trails, meditate, take it in. It is a religious experience. Then a bunch of noisy smelly ATVs comes into the area and ruins it. I almost got run over once on a blind curve once by one of the drunken idiots.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I've heard that you never ride the same trails twice and that it is gorgeous with all the wildlife at the top of the moutain.

With all the way most ATV riders are, it won't be gorgeous for long. I used to drive my 4x4 with a local club. I stopped. They would trash the place.

• BFD
    BFD

Burntheships, that was you? Stay off my trails will ya?

BFD

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I used to ride with my cousins on their farm in WI, through the fields or on the snomobile trails.

Here in WA I like to just drive on the logging roads up in the mountains. I don't like the tear shit up kind of 4x4, I like to go where there are few or no people or its difficult to get to. Lots of places here to go dig up rocks or pan for gold. I like the peace and quiet.

• Mincan
    Mincan

I agree that a hike or bicycle ride is much more pleasurable, if not for the endorphins, dopamine, and the improved fitness and endurance. I also hate the stereotypical snowmobile/ATV culture of drunken idiots that make noise and trouble and pollute the areas they frequent. However, there are people that don't fit this mould. What bothers me most is the complete lack of foresight and thought that goes into wasting massive amounts of resources (environmental, mental, etc) for these activities.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

baby girl, don't worry, not everyone on here is an eco-freak. Although I agree completely that alcohol and ATV's, dirt bike's, etc. are, at times, mixed by the idiots of this world, please don't clump us all together.

sooner7nc

KDX 200

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    With all the way most ATV riders are, it won't be gorgeous for long. I used to drive my 4x4 with a local club. I stopped. They would trash the place.

I'm not sure what trashy places that you are used to going to. The places we ride are just for ATV's & Dirtbikes, don't know why anyone would want to hike on any atv trails. Also, drinking is not allowed. The trails are kept up and most of the riders are part of the "clean up" crew to keep the trails and area nice. It's pretty judgemental to place all atv riders into the mold of being noisy, drunk, and tearing things up. I'm sure there are "trashy" riders, just like there are "trashy" people in all aspects of life. From our experience, all the trails we have been to, people are there to just have a good time and are good people.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    please don't clump us all together

I won't...I'm used to seeing people post on threads that they have no idea what they are talking about!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit